PDA

View Full Version : Colnago Concept or Pinarello Dogma?

SoCalSteve
12-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Discuss...

zmalwo
12-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Colnago's highlight for us everyday user was it's lugged, durable, pre-made high quality tubed frames, but both concept and dogma f10 are monocoque construction so why not take the better looking, Italian threaded BB and more modern Dogma F10? I personally don't think Colnago Concept have any edge compare to other aero frames.

Tompho
12-07-2018, 03:53 PM
My vote for the Colnago Concept.:hello:

FlashUNC
12-07-2018, 04:14 PM
Pinarello all day.

oldguy00
12-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Yup, pina.
Colnago to me is too much of a cookie cutter monocoque design.
To me, Colnago is all about the lugged construction C series.

R3awak3n
12-07-2018, 05:01 PM
have not ridden either I would pick the pina... however would pick a c60 over the pina

old_fat_and_slow
12-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Never been a fan of Pinarello's goofy carbon forks.

Colnago, but you have to build it with Campy!

Matthew
12-07-2018, 06:15 PM
Colnago all day. Pinarello's fork is on backwards.

Lanternrouge
12-07-2018, 11:27 PM
I’d choose a Sarto Lampo over either. Aero, made in Italy, and available as full custom. I believe it may cost less than either the Pinarello or Colnago.

sfo1
12-07-2018, 11:27 PM
If you go with th Pinarello, make sure they throw in the Louis Vuitton saddle bag!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nE-o6GSL1oI/Wt2T_WWzAAI/AAAAAAAABcU/wJXV5ytxLto03_9zuHQ3uU8KFVsL9SYwgCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/_P9N0251.jpg

oldpotatoe
12-08-2018, 07:20 AM
Never been a fan of Pinarello's goofy carbon forks.

Colnago, but you have to build it with Campy!

I agree but that ain't gonna happen...I hear it crying from here..:)

SoCalSteve
12-08-2018, 09:35 AM
I agree but that ain't gonna happen...I hear it crying from here..:)

Then do you hear my C60 crying too? :mad::confused::):no::rolleyes::hello:

old_fat_and_slow
12-08-2018, 09:47 AM
You might consider one of these. You'd definitely be the only kid on the block with one:

(Doesn't that Campy look sexy!) :):eek:

http://formigli.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/one-retouched.jpg

oldpotatoe
12-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Then do you hear my C60 crying too? :mad::confused::):no::rolleyes::hello:

you forgot the banana:banana:......If ya get either, what group? C'mon, you can tell 'us'(me)....:help:

R3awak3n
12-08-2018, 09:50 AM
it will be etap, I know it

AngryScientist
12-08-2018, 09:58 AM
are you really considering the rim brake version of the 'nago and the disc brake version of the pina?

of these choices i would definitely take the rim brake version of the F8.

If you are serious about considering the pinarello, and havent done so already, i'd go back and read Lionel's comments on the F8 vs F10 with regards to stiffness, etc.

with regards to the build out with campy/shimano/etap - i think we all realize that we're all just joking around here - good natured ribbing about campy being the best groupset available are the absolute foundation of internet bike forums! :hello::banana:

macaroon
12-08-2018, 10:25 AM
The Pinarello in red looks good.

I don't think Colnago are really relevant anymore.

A Trek/Specialized/Giant etc will be a better bike for less money.

SoCalSteve
12-08-2018, 10:26 AM
are you really considering the rim brake version of the 'nago and the disc brake version of the pina?

of these choices i would definitely take the rim brake version of the F8.

If you are serious about considering the pinarello, and havent done so already, i'd go back and read Lionel's comments on the F8 vs F10 with regards to stiffness, etc.

with regards to the build out with campy/shimano/etap - i think we all realize that we're all just joking around here - good natured ribbing about campy being the best groupset available are the absolute foundation of internet bike forums! :hello::banana:

Rim brake for both.

I did a search for Lionel’s thread and came up with nothing. Would you mind linking it or give me a clue for what else to search for.

Thanks!

Ummm, ETap all the way. Picked up a brand new group for cheap.

AngryScientist
12-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Rim brake for both.

I did a search for Lionel’s thread and came up with nothing. Would you mind linking it or give me a clue for what else to search for.

Thanks!

Ummm, ETap all the way. Picked up a brand new group for cheap.

it is an odyssey of a thread, but here it is. I think he rides roughly the same size bike as you also Steve:

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/my-f10-too-stiff-50213.html

R3awak3n
12-08-2018, 11:13 AM
it is an odyssey of a thread, but here it is. I think he rides roughly the same size bike as you also Steve:

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/my-f10-too-stiff-50213.html

ah, that was a good read.

I am not sure I take away that F10 is a worst frame, just different and that bike frames are personal, some like a certain ride over the other. I would almost always buy an older version frame (they can't convince me that the F10 is a few thousand better than an F8 at close out, a nago C60 is worst han a C64, ect... I do admit OPEN got me though and I ended up buying the new version but that was mostly because I prefered the color and wanted flat mount brakes).

Avispa
12-08-2018, 11:39 AM
The Pinarello Dogma is a way more versatile bike than the Colnago Concept.

The Concept as a matter of fact is somewhat if a tank. Not that the Pinarellos are the lightest bikes.

But if you are looking for comfort and a bike you can ride all day, get a C64!

Jef58
12-08-2018, 12:14 PM
I’d choose a Sarto Lampo over either. Aero, made in Italy, and available as full custom. I believe it may cost less than either the Pinarello or Colnago.

Is it me, or do a lot of the Aero type bikes look like Sarto Lampo's...?? I've even noticed some of the obscure brands out of Europe have other models that look like they may have been built by Sarto. I know tube-to-tube probably has a tendency to look alike, just curious...and not a criticism by any means.

Not sure what bike I would pick, but the Pinarello's I've seen look better in person for some reason.

SoCalSteve
12-08-2018, 06:31 PM
I have a C60 already. Was looking for something different. I actually find my Moots RSL and Serotta Ottrott are more “ all day bikes “ than my C60.

SoCalSteve
01-13-2019, 04:44 PM
To revive an old thread...this morning I pulled the plug on a lightly used Pinarello Dogma F8. It had been listed on eBay for quite some time. I had no intention of buying another bike. Not sure why I did it. Maybe because I recently bought yet another ETap group when they dropped the price by a third. Didn’t need that either, but the price was too good, so why not? Went back and forth on price and agreed on $1000 shipped.

Seems like a fair price for, at one time, a very expensive bike frame. Now I just have to figure out how to explain it to my wife. Shhhh.....:banana:

Lionel
01-13-2019, 05:05 PM
The F8 is awesome.

Elefantino
01-13-2019, 06:41 PM
To revive an old thread...this morning I pulled the plug on a lightly used Pinarello Dogma F8. It had been listed on eBay for quite some time. I had no intention of buying another bike. Not sure why I did it. Maybe because I recently bought yet another ETap group when they dropped the price by a third. Didn’t need that either, but the price was too good, so why not? Went back and forth on price and agreed on $1000 shipped.

Seems like a fair price for, at one time, a very expensive bike frame. Now I just have to figure out how to explain it to my wife. Shhhh.....:banana:

"Honey, this bike is safer."

You're welcome!

AngryScientist
01-13-2019, 06:44 PM
a grand shipped, if it's in good shape is what i would consider a screaming deal for an F8!

nice pick-up!

SteveFrench
01-13-2019, 07:23 PM
I'll take a Ducati.

SoCalSteve
01-13-2019, 08:48 PM
"Honey, this bike is safer."

You're welcome!

She’s a lawyer, she will not buy that at all.

m4rk540
01-13-2019, 08:49 PM
To revive an old thread...this morning I pulled the plug on a lightly used Pinarello Dogma F8.

I hope the bike's suffering was short and it had family and friends close at the end.

SoCalSteve
01-13-2019, 08:50 PM
a grand shipped, if it's in good shape is what i would consider a screaming deal for an F8!

nice pick-up!

Thanks!

Super surprised that no one grabbed it sooner. Are non disc bike that out of fashion? From the pictures, it looks like it’s in very good condition. We shall see.

SoCalSteve
01-13-2019, 08:51 PM
I hope the bike's suffering was short and it had family and friends close at the end.

Post of the day! Laughed out loud, thanks!

alancw3
01-14-2019, 07:56 AM
so steve: after this post can we assume that you are now leaning towards a carbon fiber bike? just wondering as in the past you have said so many great things about the moots titanium. after the c60 have you changed your mind about carbon fiber? just wondering. please inform us as i for one would like to pick your brain. thanks for any info.

SoCalSteve
01-14-2019, 09:54 AM
so steve: after this post can we assume that you are now leaning towards a carbon fiber bike? just wondering as in the past you have said so many great things about the moots titanium. after the c60 have you changed your mind about carbon fiber? just wondering. please inform us as i for one would like to pick your brain. thanks for any info.

I still think my mixed material Serotta Ottrott is the best overall bike I’ve ever owned. The reason I chose the Pinarello is two-fold. First off, I have never owned a monocoque bike before and second is the price was just too good to pass up.

Do I need another bike, certainly not. Do I have the parts to build it up, pretty much. I have an unused ETap group sitting under my bed. Not sure why I bought that either, the price was just too good to pass up at the time ( $950.00 shipped ).

I’ve owned many carbon bikes over the years including a couple Time’s, Look 595, Colnago C40, C50 and an Extreme Power. Early on a Trek OCLV and a Calfee Tetra Pro. Probably others, but they escape me now.

So, to answer your question, no the C60 did not change my mind about wanting carbon over Ti. Even though the C60 is super fun to ride, looks amazing and the build quality is fantastic, it’s definitely not as comfortable as the Moots or Serotta.

I’ll let you know how I feel about the F8 once I build it up and ride it for awhile. Could be a bit of time though as I still need to find an excuse for the wifey.