PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Post on Classifieds

dcowboys31
12-06-2018, 11:58 AM
I am trying to sell my mountain bike in the classified sections and would rather sell to someone local (Boston / MetroWest) on this forum than deal with Craigslist.

It will not let me post on that portion, could an administrator or someone let me know what I need to do?

Thank You,

Jay Thomas

jasonthomas66@yahoo.com

JWDR
12-06-2018, 11:59 AM
Read this
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=153038

Bradford
12-06-2018, 12:04 PM
Read this
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=153038

Rule 3 on that list is the relevant item.

dcowboys31
12-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Thank you, will use Craigslist for now.

Jay

AngryScientist
12-06-2018, 12:24 PM
LOL.

This is not meant to be necessarily critical to the OP, but maybe someone here had a better suggestion as to what we can do.

the number of times Keith and the mods answer this exact question is astonishing.

there is a bold, all caps sticky in the classifieds section titled :READ FIRST, WHY YOU CANT POST..."

what else can we do to get the message across?

seanile
12-06-2018, 12:28 PM
LOL.

This is not meant to be necessarily critical to the OP, but maybe someone here had a better suggestion as to what we can do.

the number of times Keith and the mods answer this exact question is astonishing.

there is a bold, all caps sticky in the classifieds section titled :READ FIRST, WHY YOU CANT POST..."

perhaps when you register on the site, have a splash page with this sole and singular one-sentence fact which you have to read before being able to complete your registration?
or, if a splash page is too complicated tech-wise, have it be in the "welcome to the paceline" email?
in either case, i'd say make it a visible part of registration

MattTuck
12-06-2018, 12:34 PM
You guys should have a second option, Donate $10 to the site, and get immediate access to post in the classifieds.

:)

JEFFTHEROBOT
12-06-2018, 12:37 PM
I personally think that having to have 100 post is quite steep. I have been on here for a while now and havn't even come close to posting that much. I have also had 2 positive transactions with members on here, yet still cant post items I have for sale.

Black Dog
12-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Duplicate

Black Dog
12-06-2018, 12:42 PM
I personally think that having to have 100 post is quite steep. I have been on here for a while now and havn't even come close to posting that much. I have also had 2 positive transactions with members on here, yet still cant post items I have for sale.

It is 30 posts.

3.) Any Forum members will not be allowed to post a message (new or responding to an existing one) in the Classified section until they have at least 30 postings in the other sections of the Forum and have been a member for at least 30 days. We have enabled the forum software from vBulletin to enforce this rule, and you will see a message stating that you do not have permission to access this page if you try to post in the section before you are allowed to do so. NO EXCEPTIONS so please do not ask. If it is determined that a new member is trying to "speed post" their way to the 30 post threshold they risk having their post count reset to zero by the Mods.

R3awak3n
12-06-2018, 12:50 PM
I mean, can't you just have a message pop up when someone tries to post that says.... you can't post because you don't have 30 posts?

earlfoss
12-06-2018, 01:02 PM
I love that this discussion pops up every 6 mo or so. This time around it's all following the script nicely.

* New guy doesn't read anything about posting in the For Sale Section
* New guy asks why in General Discussion
* New guy is directed to the proper information, in its obvious-if-you-only-took-a-moment-to-look spot
* Old and new members respond with groundbreaking ideas on how to revamp the For Sale section
* No changes are made by the site organizers because they're doing a great job and things work just fine as they are

My opinion is that if you can't meet a post minimum then you're only here to sell/buy and not actually contribute to the forum's content.

earlfoss
12-06-2018, 01:04 PM
it is 30 posts.

3.) any forum members will not be allowed to post a message (new or responding to an existing one) in the classified section until they have at least 30 postings in the other sections of the forum and have been a member for at least 30 days. We have enabled the forum software from vbulletin to enforce this rule, and you will see a message stating that you do not have permission to access this page if you try to post in the section before you are allowed to do so. No exceptions so please do not ask. If it is determined that a new member is trying to "speed post" their way to the 30 post threshold they risk having their post count reset to zero by the mods.

yes it's 30 but it feels like 100000000000

gasman
12-06-2018, 01:06 PM
It’s 30 posts and being a member for 30 days.

It’s straightforward, just remember it’s a 30/30 rule.

93KgBike
12-06-2018, 01:12 PM
LOL.

... there is a bold, all caps sticky in the classifieds section titled :READ FIRST, WHY YOU CANT POST..."

No posts, until you have 10 posts.

93KgBike
12-06-2018, 01:12 PM
:banana:I personally think that having to have 100 post is quite steep.

LOL smh!

donevwil
12-06-2018, 01:16 PM
30 posts done the old fashion way:

1. Nice bike! :hello:

2. Sweet Ride.:beer:

30. Someday:)

31. FS: ..........

muz
12-06-2018, 01:28 PM
No posts, until you have 10 posts.

POTD! :banana:

JEFFTHEROBOT
12-06-2018, 01:43 PM
Dope, I have 6 posts to go....Then on to the classifieds I go!