PDA

View Full Version : Kickr snap issues

eippo1
12-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Anyone have any vibration issues with the Kickr Snap? I wasn't able to use the supplied skewer with it because the QR axle stuck out way too far, so used an old Shimano QR. This worked okay except the rear wheel was all over the place on the trainer and I would get some heavy vibrations when at sprint speeds.

So then cut down the supplied axle so that it wouldn't stick out of the QR end and my last ride was even worse. Also have to completely screw out the holding clamps in order to hold it enough to flex. The wheel is slightly out of true, but it's really all over the place on the trainer.

I'll try another bike to see if the same happens, but am wondering if there might be an issue with the flywheel or perhaps that bike is just too narrow dropout to dropout because there is a tiny bit of play even when fully clamped. Anyone else have any issues with the Snap's clamps or flywheel? Would a slightly out of true wheel become way magnified on a trainer?

Mikej
12-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Anyone have any vibration issues with the Kickr Snap? I wasn't able to use the supplied skewer with it because the QR axle stuck out way too far, so used an old Shimano QR. This worked okay except the rear wheel was all over the place on the trainer and I would get some heavy vibrations when at sprint speeds.

So then cut down the supplied axle so that it wouldn't stick out of the QR end and my last ride was even worse. Also have to completely screw out the holding clamps in order to hold it enough to flex. The wheel is slightly out of true, but it's really all over the place on the trainer.

I'll try another bike to see if the same happens, but am wondering if there might be an issue with the flywheel or perhaps that bike is just too narrow dropout to dropout because there is a tiny bit of play even when fully clamped. Anyone else have any issues with the Snap's clamps or flywheel? Would a slightly out of true wheel become way magnified on a trainer?
So, the threaded rod part stuck out? Saw it off.

eippo1
12-06-2018, 09:47 AM
So, the threaded rod part stuck out? Saw it off.

I did and it actually seats worse than the Shimano QR I was using earlier, but am wary of since I do not know the shaft material.

yinzerniner
12-06-2018, 10:06 AM

If there's a tiny bit of play even when fully clamped I would strongly suggest using another bike. That play will only get magnified when the speed increases, and could cause serious damage to the bike and even possibly the trainer.

I've used seven bikes, all different dropouts (12 TA, 130 QR, 135 QR) on my Kickr Snap and never had any wobble issues as all of them clamped securely.

Mikej
12-06-2018, 11:30 AM
I did and it actually seats worse than the Shimano QR I was using earlier, but am wary of since I do not know the shaft material.There is more than one adaptor.

eippo1
12-08-2018, 05:06 PM
So I figured it out and I'll it's say that I'm a moron and leave it at that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hank Scorpio
12-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Did you have the skewer in backwards?

eippo1
12-17-2018, 12:05 PM
Nope, was securing the trainer clamp on the wrong side. One I saw it, it was a true facepalm moment.