PDA

View Full Version : Is it odd that the British Cycling Federation does better at engaging me than USAC?

John H.
12-03-2018, 03:46 PM
Like the header says- British Cycling Federation does a better job at engaging me than USAC.
BCF has informative emails- I have bought at least one item, and downloaded Ebooks from them.
USAC- Crickets. No wonder their membership is going downhill and racing in USA in circling the drain.

bikinchris
12-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Same as it has always been.

ultraman6970
12-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Time for a new federation?

rockdude
12-04-2018, 08:08 AM
British Cycling is well funded by their county. More money than they know what to do with. USAC is basically broke. We should raise our gas taxes.

old fat man
12-04-2018, 09:05 AM
USAC = USUCK

I avoided buying a license this season and got my racing fill by doing non-USAC events (road, mtb, and CX). Membership offers no rewards to 99% of amateurs. The fact that they continue to funnel membership dollars towards (arguably) the least popular discipline in cycling is very frustrating and shows how out of touch they are with their donors, i.e. members.

I'll be hosting a New England CX race in 2019 and we will not be affiliating with USAC.

drewskey
12-04-2018, 09:51 AM
USAC = USUCK

I avoided buying a license this season and got my racing fill by doing non-USAC events (road, mtb, and CX). Membership offers no rewards to 99% of amateurs. The fact that they continue to funnel membership dollars towards (arguably) the least popular discipline in cycling is very frustrating and shows how out of touch they are with their donors, i.e. members.

I'll be hosting a New England CX race in 2019 and we will not be affiliating with USAC.

As someone who has helped organize and run USAC road events, I'm glad to see this trend. It was never clear to me how or why having an event under the USAC banner helped us; it just cost us and the participants money.

redir
12-04-2018, 09:57 AM
No one will come to a race around here unless it's USAC and even more so as a part of a series or something. I guess that's just the way it is in the boonies. But people want cat points so they will come.

rockdude
12-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Their is a place for non sanctioned events but for young riders learning the trade and moving athletes into the Olympics or the cycling profession its a must. Heck even for master's racers that compete at a National or World level, The structure, Class and experience of competition, the ranking, the guidelines, the antidoping, etc are needed in the sport. I do very few non sanctioned events.

old fat man
12-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Their is a place for non sanctioned events but for young riders learning the trade and moving athletes into the Olympics or the cycling profession its a must. Heck even for master's racers that compete at a National or World level, The structure, Class and experience of competition, the ranking, the guidelines, the antidoping, etc are needed in the sport. I do very few non sanctioned events.

For every athlete who SHOULD race at national or international level, there are 10000 who should not and will not race at the international level. At any usuck event, the largest fields are the amateurs - we're sick of paying to support an organization that gives US nothing.