PDA

View Full Version : Ottrott voted BICYCLING mag ultimate "Dream Bike"

Jeff N.
05-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Just got the new issue of BICYCLING. I know it isn't everyones favorite (certainly not mine), but they unanimously voted the Serotta Ottrott their hands-down favorite for the ultimate dream machine. That should put a smile on the face of all you Ottrott owners, I'd think. Jeff N.

SPOKE
05-01-2004, 12:53 PM
:hello: :) :beer: ;) :p

Sandy
05-01-2004, 05:59 PM
You forgot the only one that counts: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The banana man,

Sandy

Wood
05-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Got an e-mail from my LBS a couple days ago that said my new Ottrott ST was on its way there, so :D !!!

Now if I could just get out of this hot crazy desert... :crap: Oh well, just a couple more months to go :banana:

Oh, how I do love these little guys... :D :) :beer: :p :banana: :cool:

Wood

dnovo
05-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Yes, and as nice as the Ottrott maybe (and it certainly is worthy of the accolade) remember that it IS of course an accolade from BICYCLING mag, not a real publication. No self-respecting fish would be buried in it. I gave up subscribing a year ago, and they still send it to me. I don't even read it in the john anymore, an otherwise appropriate venue. Dave N.

M_A_Martin
05-02-2004, 10:57 PM
It seems that for a dream bike...didn't give it a lot of page space...

Probably one of those editorial decisions:
Serotta sent us the Best bike in the world, but they don't advertise with us...but with the Serotta here we can't name Giant the best bike...we'll just put the Giant on the cover instead of the Serotta to appease the cash cow advertiser...

ya think?

There I go being cynical again.

I would think if you had a dream bike, you'd put it on the cover of your mag so other people could dream about it too...

Funny how they managed to take the Serotta's picture without showing any logos and even somewhat obscuring the head tube badge. (Of course, they did the same with the rest of the bikes too...)

Needs Help
05-03-2004, 12:04 AM
No self-respecting fish would be buried in it. I gave up subscribing a year ago, and they still send it to me. I don't even read it in the john anymore, an otherwise appropriate venue. Dave N.

lol. :)

bostondrunk
05-03-2004, 12:10 PM
M A Martin hit it on the nose.
And frankly, the 'Ultimate Bike' probably shouldn't be a model that 99.9999% (literally) of the bike racing population can't afford...
The Giant carbon, which as a frameset alone can be had for around $1600 I think, is probably one of the hottest deals around if it fits ya.

Ozz
05-03-2004, 12:55 PM
M A Martin hit it on the nose.
And frankly, the 'Ultimate Bike' probably shouldn't be a model that 99.9999% (literally) of the bike racing population can't afford...

That 99.9999% of the populace cannot afford it is what makes it a 'Dream' bike! ;)

PaulE
05-03-2004, 02:55 PM
And if you actually read the 3 or 4 sentences that BuyCycling wrote about the Ottrott, they got some of their facts wrong. I don't have it with me, but I believe they said carbon main triangle with Ti lugs, or is a seat tube just one big lug?

djg
05-03-2004, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=bostondrunk]M A Martin hit it on the nose.

That's quite a figure. Unless there's been a surge of interest lately, I'd think that one rich kid would screw your statistic on the domestic scene.