PDA

View Full Version : MABDR-gravel ride

Ken Robb
12-02-2018, 01:02 PM
I just read a story about guys doing this whole route over 8 days on motorcycles and their photos made it look like it would also be fun on a bicycle. It seems to be a mix of paved/unpaved roads. Have any of you done any part of it?

PaMtbRider
12-02-2018, 02:06 PM
For those who aren't familiar MABDR stands for Mid-Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route. There are several "BDR" routes but they are mainly in the west.

The MABDR passes about 30 miles from where I live. I've ridden a lot of the local section on both motorcycle and bicycle. I would love to have the time to ride the entire route either on bicycle or motorcycle.

Ken Robb
12-02-2018, 04:10 PM
For those who aren't familiar MABDR stands for Mid-Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route. There are several "BDR" routes but they are mainly in the west.

The MABDR passes about 30 miles from where I live. I've ridden a lot of the local section on both motorcycle and bicycle. I would love to have the time to ride the entire route either on bicycle or motorcycle.

Thanks for expanding on the topic. BTW, my first job after college was with Armstrong in Lancaster and I covered many of the lovely country roads on my Ducati Scrambler. I had a couple of exciting moments dealing with exhaust pollution from Amish buggies while riding at night. :)