PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo centaur steel seatpost question

wildboar
11-30-2018, 02:02 PM
Picked up a centaur steel seatpost which seems to have been overtighted in the frame leaving a longitudinal quasi-crease in the tube, approx 2" long. So, does anyone here know if something like that can be rolled out with a 27.2 frame block? Anybody ever tried it? Thanks

ultraman6970
11-30-2018, 04:54 PM
Hmm... doubt the tube is like a 0.9 which you can try to roll out, What I would do is to try from the inside with another tube ....

72gmc
11-30-2018, 11:17 PM
One of the prettiest seatposts I’ve ever had. Looks great on the shelf since the teeth on the head gave out ($&@! single bolt posts)

mt2u77
12-02-2018, 05:52 AM
Googled that thing and immediately bought one on fleeBay. I love the look and the simple Campagnolo shield only branding. I’m a little worried about rust forming on a bare steel seatpost—anyone have experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve in SLO
12-02-2018, 07:47 AM
Googled that thing and immediately bought one on fleeBay. I love the look and the simple Campagnolo shield only branding. I’m a little worried about rust forming on a bare steel seatpost—anyone have experience?

I’ve owned several and never a problem, but I’m in sunny California.

pbarry
12-02-2018, 11:32 AM
They have some kind of plating on them.

shinomaster
12-02-2018, 12:09 PM
No rust on mine, I love it.

wildboar
12-02-2018, 09:56 PM
Well, the one I posted about has some rust inside. I can see light around 1/4 of the joint where the head is attached, if I hold it up and look in. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to frame-saver one of these when new.