PDA

View Full Version : Selle Italia Flite - I wandered back to the Fold.

AgilisMerlin
11-15-2006, 04:24 PM
i spat in the soup and have used two different Fizik Arione's for two years.

i just gained my sanity back and am riding a new, blue dark blue Flite :beer:

i totally forgot how narrow the front end of this saddle is............holy smokes..........i luv. i no longer feel the shame of my wanderings.

for sale........... perfect shape 9.8/10 condition fizik arione black ?

http://www.starbike.com/images/SelleItalia/2005/flite.jpg

FOLD, def.

a group sharing common beliefs, values, etc.: He rejoined the fold after his youthful escapade.

AmerliN :D

davids
11-15-2006, 04:32 PM
OK, now define "spat in the soup" please.

You may want to move this to the "Classifieds" forum, atmo.

AgilisMerlin
11-15-2006, 04:45 PM
ooops,

i think i will keep that thin skinned fizik for my old age.

I quess, i thought, i spat in the soup of all the arione lovers....................my old/new found happiness and general melancholly(ness) has not only effected my spelling but also my common sense. What little i have. :D

AmerliN

vaxn8r
11-15-2006, 08:08 PM
I've owned 10 ti Flite's.

When you got a good thing don't mess with it.

Lunar Probe
11-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Ditto on switching back. It seems like such a no-brainer once you actually do it. I pulled out a pristine 12 year old spare and also bought a new one. The new ones are not quite identical with thinner leather thats a little more grippy, but they basically function the same. Have a NOS white Flite expected soon.

Xyzzy
11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
I recently went to replace my Arione but I didn't feel like paying so much for a saddle, so I got a Flite Genuine Gel on sale. I started out on a Flite Trans Am so it was like going home. I still like the Arione but the Flite does feel narrower up front and I like that. I'm not real picky about saddles, though.

pdxmech13
11-15-2006, 09:44 PM

I gotta friend with a worse fix.
He has 25, all different colors
and only 12 bikes.

I loved flites until I moved to the pacific northwest :crap: :crap:

Simon Q
11-16-2006, 12:37 AM
I recently went to replace my Arione but I didn't feel like paying so much for a saddle, so I got a Flite Genuine Gel on sale. I started out on a Flite Trans Am so it was like going home. I still like the Arione but the Flite does feel narrower up front and I like that. I'm not real picky about saddles, though.

Not picky? I envy you. My long quest for the holy grail ended with the Aliante. Love it to death.

vaxn8r
11-16-2006, 02:05 AM
I loved flites until I moved to the pacific northwest :crap: :crap:
Why?

William
11-16-2006, 05:30 AM

Same here big guy.....even when I lived in the PNW.

William

pdxmech13
11-16-2006, 10:16 AM
The flite is and will always be at the top of the heap. Truly it was one of the first lite weight comfortable saddles available. I personally find it great for areas that don't have alot of varying terrain do to its curved shape. Once I moved out west I found myself sitting on the nose on the flats in pace lines and way back during the climbs. Much easier to move around on a flat surface than one that has a little curve imho. :banana: