PDA

View Full Version : USPS question

doomridesout
11-25-2018, 07:16 PM
I ordered a pretty expensive item to my office, who are closed Saturdays. USPS showed “out for delivery” Saturday morning, and then “Delivery status not updated” Saturday night. What are the odds it was dropped off at the front door versus still on the truck to deliver Monday?

yngpunk
11-25-2018, 07:34 PM
I ordered a pretty expensive item to my office, who are closed Saturdays. USPS showed “out for delivery” Saturday morning, and then “Delivery status not updated” Saturday night. What are the odds it was dropped off at the front door versus still on the truck to deliver Monday?

Likely still on the truck for delivery on Monday. I believe that "Delivery status not updated" is automatic after the "out for delivery" scan (when it is put on the truck). Probably still on truck and not taken off truck scanned back at the post office.

godfrey1112000
11-25-2018, 07:42 PM
You are correct

UOTE=yngpunk;2459892]Likely still on the truck for delivery on Monday. I believe that "Delivery status not updated" is automatic after the "out for delivery" scan (when it is put on the truck). Probably still on truck and not taken off truck scanned back at the post office.[/QUOTE]