PDA

View Full Version : Custom frame decals

MrCannonCam
11-24-2018, 09:15 PM
Bought new to me, used frame that's going for a repaint to a buddy of mine who does custom paint...not your standard 'who does custom decals?' question. Looking for custom decals like pictured below (will not say Alchemy..). Nobody I contacted when searching for custom frame decals seems willing to do them. I don't know much about decals but they have to be thin enough to be cleared over. Any leads would be appreciated.

I'll reach out to VCGraphix and see if they will do them. Was in contact with them about helmet decals a few years back and found them to be quite rude, didn't do business with them because of it.

https://i.imgur.com/1WP3iEZl.png

David Tollefson
11-24-2018, 09:22 PM
Search out Gus Salmon on Facebook. He does mine, quality stuff. He does custom stuff, but specializes in old reproduction decals.

MrCannonCam
11-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Search out Gus Salmon on Facebook. He does mine, quality stuff. He does custom stuff, but specializes in old reproduction decals.

I actually know of this guy. I do some vintage cruiser bike resto-mods and had a very odd exchange with him on the CABE forum last year. He wasn't interested in my last custom decal project and I went with another guy on there who doesn't have the capabilities to do this project.

Spaghetti Legs
11-25-2018, 09:53 AM
You can always make your own. Get some water slide decal paper. I’ve made my own decals to rehab some old Campy cranks (the shield logo) and they came out pretty nice.

unterhausen
11-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Gus Salmon had equipment problems last year. I don't know if he fixed them. He does want to be paid for his time if he does design work, which seems reasonable to me. But it probably makes a project like this fairly expensive.

rccardr
11-25-2018, 01:33 PM
Recently received an e-mail from Velocals indicating they were much more interested in doing custom work than they used to be.

Their products are exceptional, certainly worth a call to confirm.

wasfast
11-26-2018, 09:08 AM
If you want to clear over the decals, waterslide is the thinnest. Otherwise, any sign shop can cut vinyl letters and also print as needed. The vinyl version is also great for making paint masks of unique shapes.