PDA

View Full Version : French Lab Admits Typo

Russell
11-15-2006, 08:01 AM
from Velonews...

Tour de France winner Floyd Landis's efforts to clear his name got a small boost Wednesday when officials at France's national anti-doping laboratory admitted making an "insignificant" numbering error on a urine sample that later tested positive for testosterone.

The French newspaper Le Monde reported Wednesday that the B sample had "ill-advisedly been indexed with the wrong number on the accompanying report."

"The identification number of Floyd Landis was 995 474 while on the report it was listed as 994 474. That doesn't signify that the B sample did not belong to the American. But it will be seized upon by his lawyers who will try to bring new elements to his (defense) case at a presentation on Friday."
-----
This does look like a typo, but will the lab go back and test 994 474? If that test is negative than it looks bad for Landis, if the test is positive I think to would look good for him. As I recall, his A sample was tested at 1:4.5 and his B sample at 1:11.

Serpico
11-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Six of one, half-dozen of the other

I just feel bad for folks like landis who have to singlehandedly shoulder the blame for a corrupt sport--and the suits walk away clean "We had no idea."

I'm not saying landis isn't responsible, but the way people--who undoubtedly played a role--act like they had no idea, it's sad

soulspinner
11-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Is this the chink in the legal armor that sounds like "if it doesnt fit you must acquit"? Slippery Slope?

RedCoeurd'Acier
11-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Supposely, someone from Floyd's inner circle hacked into the French labs computer! Wonder who did it, and what will happen to them?

Birddog
11-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Supposely, someone from Floyd's inner circle hacked into the French labs computer!

I find this pretty hard to believe. If a "hacker" is smart enough to break in, I doubt it is someone from "Floyd's inner circle", and I doubt that they were so careless as to leave that many tracers. I could be wrong though. Most hackers are pretty good at what they do, it's the young teenagers who are careless and get caught.

Birddog