PDA

View Full Version : Serotta S3 fork replacement

cgolvin
11-19-2018, 11:07 AM
The carbon on the interior of my S3 steerer tube has started to delaminate (if that's the right word); I handed it over to a local shop that does carbon repair yesterday but want to be prepared with a backup plan in case he's unsuccessful.

I'm already in touch with Mac of Cool Planet Bikes but it doesn't seem likely that he has any F2 or F3 forks; more likely is a Reynolds. (I've also reached out directly to Mike Lopez asking his advice.)

Do any of you have experience with using a replacement fork, ideally on an Ottrott, and recommendations to give? Fortunately it's 1.125 so I think I have more than a few options. FWIW, the rake is 47mm but I don't know the stiffness.

Thanks all.

BdaGhisallo
11-19-2018, 11:31 AM
The carbon on the interior of my S3 steerer tube has started to delaminate (if that's the right word); I handed it over to a local shop that does carbon repair yesterday but want to be prepared with a backup plan in case he's unsuccessful.

I'm already in touch with Mac of Cool Planet Bikes but it doesn't seem likely that he has any F2 or F3 forks; more likely is a Reynolds. (I've also reached out directly to Mike Lopez asking his advice.)

Do any of you have experience with using a replacement fork, ideally on an Ottrott, and recommendations to give? Fortunately it's 1.125 so I think I have more than a few options. FWIW, the rake is 47mm but I don't know the stiffness.

Thanks all.

Are you interested in an S3 fork? I have one with a 47mm rake in a 6.5 stiffness with about 231mm of 1.125" steerer tube. I bought it years ago to try a slight trail change and used it for all of forty miles. It's been sitting in my bike room ever since. PM me if you're interested.

cgolvin
11-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Are you interested in an S3 fork? I have one with a 47mm rake in a 6.5 stiffness with about 231mm of 1.125" steerer tube. I bought it years ago to try a slight trail change and used it for all of forty miles. It's been sitting in my bike room ever since. PM me if you're interested.

PM sent, thanks.