PDA

View Full Version : What do you Campy Guys do for Pedals?

damocles
11-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Other than being "SRAM curious" in college, I'm a die hard Shimano Dura Ace guy. I've barely paid attention to anything outside of DA for the past 5 years.

But... A new acquired Pegoretti Marcelo came my way recently and I've decided to go "all Italian" and build it up with Record 12, Bora's and a Fizik cockpit. It's ready to roll and I'm picking up on Wednesday. Soooooo stoked.

What the heck do I do for pedals though? Plan A is just to slap my DA pedals on it and ride. Feels slightly in conflict with my "all Italian" desire though.

What do y'all Campy guys use?

jtbadge
11-12-2018, 06:41 PM
I feel like I see a lot of Campy guys riding DA/Ultegra pedals. No reason to have to set up another set of cleats/shoes, IMO.

Look and Speedplay are the other most common answers. I started with Look when I first got road pedals/shoes, but wish I had gone Shimano.

Clean39T
11-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Other than being "SRAM curious" in college, I'm a die hard Shimano Dura Ace guy. I've barely paid attention to anything outside of DA for the past 5 years.

But... A new acquired Pegoretti Marcelo came my way recently and I've decided to go "all Italian" and build it up with Record 12, Bora's and a Fizik cockpit. It's ready to roll and I'm picking up on Wednesday. Soooooo stoked.

What the heck do I do for pedals though? Plan A is just to slap my DA pedals on it and ride. Feels slightly in conflict with my "all Italian" desire though.

Duracci - it's all in the pronunciation ;)

I like Time pedals almost as much as Dura Ace, and am going to use those on my Kirk to start. Excel Sports has the Time Xpresso 6 on super-sale right now if you want to dip a toe...or forefoot, as may be more appropos... I also have a pair of Xpresso 12s in excellent condition if you want to match the bling of your build - I don't need them that light/fancy, hence the 6s for my all-day Kirk build.

Can't wait to see pics of your Marcelo. Sounds like a perfect build.

FlashUNC
11-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Moved from Looks to Times a couple years back. No regrets.

pdmtong
11-12-2018, 06:47 PM
DA SPD-SL on everything.

Don't compromise touch points. Bar, saddle, pedals no matter what frame or group.

There is evidence of shimano and SRAM on pegs. I'm over it. dario was a good man and wanted his frames ridden.

the only no-no - straight post, straight fork.

damocles
11-12-2018, 06:48 PM
I feel like I see a lot of Campy guys riding DA/Ultegra pedals. No reason to have to set up another set of cleats/shoes, IMO.

I like this answer as it keeps life pretty simple...

damocles
11-12-2018, 06:49 PM
Duracci - it's all in the pronunciation ;)

I like Time pedals almost as much as Dura Ace, and am going to use those on my Kirk to start. Excel Sports has the Time Xpresso 6 on super-sale right now if you want to dip a toe...or forefoot, as may be more appropos... I also have a pair of Xpresso 12s in excellent condition if you want to match the bling of your build - I don't need them that light/fancy, hence the 6s for my all-day Kirk build.

Can't wait to see pics of your Marcelo. Sounds like a perfect build.

Yeah, I will post up from sunny San Diego in a a few days. I've actually built a mini vacation around picking it up and doing some riding.

Duracci - I'll work on my pronunciation ;)

damocles
11-12-2018, 06:51 PM
DA SPD-SL on everything.

Don't compromise touch points. Bar, saddle, pedals no matter what frame or group.

There is evidence of shimano and SRAM on pegs. I'm over it. dario was a good man and wanted his frames ridden.

Yeah, I came so so close to hanging DA9100 mechanical on it... It was almost the Bora's that swang me over though. I couldn't decide on what wheels to put on a Peg with DA... And then I started thinking the new 12 speed stuff looks so sexy so why not try it.

R3awak3n
11-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Shimano. Best damn pedals. Both Spd and spd sl

stackie
11-12-2018, 06:59 PM
A few minutes of elbow grease with an acetone laced rag and those Dura Ace pedals work just fine with Campy. That’s how I roll. They might work ok without polishing the Dura Ace off, but I haven’t tried it. I too was s a die hard Shimano fan until they made Dura Ace too ugly to look at. In retrospect, Campu is awesome. But I have a eTap incoming.

Jon

pdmtong
11-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I came so so close to hanging DA9100 mechanical on it... It was almost the Bora's that swang me over though. I couldn't decide on what wheels to put on a Peg with DA... And then I started thinking the new 12 speed stuff looks so sexy so why not try it.

would love to hear your R12 impressions once rolling. keep us posted with ride report and pics. be great to get your take since you are "new" to campy botyh group and wheels.

damocles
11-12-2018, 07:01 PM
a few minutes of elbow grease with an acetone laced rag and those dura ace pedals work just fine with campy. That’s how i roll. They might work ok without polishing the dura ace off, but i haven’t tried it. I too was s a die hard shimano fan until they made dura ace too ugly to look at. In retrospect, campu is awesome. But i have a etap incoming.

Jon

#genius

pdmtong
11-12-2018, 07:13 PM
I like the older DA-7810 on metal bikes.

huck*this
11-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Look due to these cleats.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81S8wGzkyNL._SL1500_.jpg

They are two piece so when you apply the new cleats they are in the EXACT position that your old cleats were in. No more need for sharpie or guessing with the worn off markings on your soles.

Blue Jays
11-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Campagnolo pedals on all my Campagnolo-equipped bicycles.
Not in the mood to “restandardize” until Campagnolo pedals become challenging to obtain.
At that point will probably switch to Speedplay since they seem like a stable company.

damocles
11-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Campagnolo pedals on all my Campagnolo-equipped bicycles.
Not in the mood to “restandardize” until Campagnolo pedals become challenging to obtain.
At that point will probably switch to Speedplay since they seem like a stable company.

Having not been in the Campy world before, I was expecting to hear "use Campy" as a more common answer. It does seem like they really aren't in the pedal game though.

Speedplays do look appealing to me (for a non DA option).

Ozz
11-12-2018, 07:48 PM
I guess I am in the minority.....I have Campy Pro-fit on both my bikes...they work great.

fiamme red
11-12-2018, 08:14 PM
No Campagnolo diehards here? ;)

https://neurosurgery.blog.so-net.ne.jp/blog/_images/blog/neurosurgery/2705948.jpg

pbarry
11-12-2018, 08:18 PM
I guess I am in the minority.....I have Campy Pro-fit on both my bikes...they work great.

Great pedals, C should have kept making and developing them.

https://neurosurgery.blog.so-net.ne.jp/blog/_images/blog/neurosurgery/2705948.jpg

Boat anchors, but love the memory. :beer:

bironi
11-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Just use what works.
Stick with the Shimano,
Or waste some time snd money experimenting.
It's your bike and choice.
Enjoy your new ride.

avalonracing
11-12-2018, 08:48 PM
They are two piece so when you apply the new cleats they are in the EXACT position that your old cleats were in. No more need for sharpie or guessing with the worn off markings on your soles.

Those two piece look cleats are kind of ingenious but I just see another interface to make a little noise/creak.

Ralph
11-12-2018, 08:48 PM
Look Keo's

Elefantino
11-12-2018, 08:57 PM
Speed-a-play.

dancinkozmo
11-12-2018, 09:00 PM

these look like they weigh about 2kg each

ultraman6970
11-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Keywin.

Hellgate
11-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Speedplay Ti

bigbill
11-12-2018, 09:22 PM

Still got mine. They're going to make a comeback. It's the flywheel effect of the heavy pedals that will be the next big thing.

Seriously though, they were my first clipless pedals, mine are even scraped up from some crits.

warren128
11-12-2018, 09:23 PM
On my four bikes with Campy 10, all have Shimano PD-6500 SPD pedals because that's the one I like.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

shinomaster
11-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Speedplay, but pedals have absolutely nothing to do with drivetrain components.

pjm
11-12-2018, 09:52 PM
I’m a Campy guy, but I use Shimano pedals and fishing reels.

CSKeller
11-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Look Keo and Keo Blades on all my road bikes.

I wish Campy would come out with a new pedal. I loved their Profit pedals but they are a bit heavy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

KidWok
11-12-2018, 10:23 PM
I've switched to SPD for all road riding and got rid of all my SPD SL's. Using A600 on most road bikes. Gravel bikes use XT or XTR pedals.

Tai

TonyG
11-12-2018, 11:14 PM
I’m a Campy guy, but I use Shimano pedals and fishing reels.

LOL I have had really bad luck with their reels.

I just went to Shimano parts after a life time of Campy. Its OK, it works but for me it lacks some soul. Like having a $15,000 digital watch rather than a BlancPain.

Veloo
11-12-2018, 11:58 PM
Keywin CRM Ti for me.

PacNW2Ford
11-13-2018, 12:20 AM
Two Campagnolo equipped bikes, both have Shimano SPD-SL pedals like all the other road bikes.

uber
11-13-2018, 03:32 AM
Keo for me. The new Time look great. I think if I were you I would stay with Shimano. I hope you love the Marcelo. It is still my all time favorite.

OtayBW
11-13-2018, 03:51 AM
Three sets of Campy Pro-Fits that I like but it's maybe a moot point because they stopped making them a couple of years ago. Cleats still available, but worse is that NO ONE makes cleat covers. Mine are now mostly comprised of Shoe Goo holding them together....

bitt3n
11-13-2018, 04:39 AM
I put eggbeaters on everything

Wakatel_Luum
11-13-2018, 04:47 AM
Used Speedplay for years then saw the light, they’re crap! Went to Dura-Ace which are well made but the cleat float is awful so on TIME now...the new Xpro pedals are a godsend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weisan
11-13-2018, 04:48 AM
I am a shimano guy but since you ask...you can try this.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2775/4132273961_cf5715f811_b.jpg

Duende
11-13-2018, 05:00 AM
Speed play. Can’t imagine my pedals being different if I was a shimano guy either.

Spaghetti Legs
11-13-2018, 05:01 AM
If you really, really want to stay Italian and you happen to ride Keos then get a set of these. Pretty nice power meter.

https://cycling.favero.com/

Look Keo on 15+ mostly Italian made bikes.

ergott
11-13-2018, 05:06 AM
Pro Fits. My original pair is old enough to vote and the bearings feel better than most new pedals. They last forever.

oldpotatoe
11-13-2018, 06:05 AM

Speedplay Zero or (horrors:))shimano..which I think is a far better version of the 'LOOK' platform. I think shimano does 'LOOK' better than "LOOK' does. But for adjustable float, easy rebuildability, ease of in/out, 2 sided, ability to replace one pedal if ya crash and kill one..SpeedPlay.

saab2000
11-13-2018, 06:12 AM
Shimano Dura Ace SPD-SL are the best pedals ever made IMHO. I'm way less a Campy guy than I used to be but my Serotta is all Record except for the pedals, which are Shimano 7810 SPD-SL.

AngryScientist
11-13-2018, 06:39 AM
"sram curious" in college - that's priceless!

El Chaba
11-13-2018, 06:41 AM
Time. I've used Time pedals since the late 80's when I switched from Look. I think the Time retention system is the best. The interesting thing about Time is that the original design was the best functioning...but if made today would be considered unfashionably heavy and large. So, each successive generation of time pedals have given up some of the original functionality for miniaturization and weight savings. For me the sweet spot occurred in the Impact/RX eras. For durability, the Impact series has only peers and few of those...The RX pedals are light, but suffer from the long-term durability issues that can come along with anything made of plastic. Still the working parts are durable brass and steel.

saab2000
11-13-2018, 06:43 AM
Time. I've used Time pedals since the late 80's when I switched from Look. I think the Time retention system is the best. The interesting thing about Time is that the original design was the best functioning...but if made today would be considered unfashionably heavy and large. So, each successive generation of time pedals have given up some of the original functionality for miniaturization and weight savings. For me the sweet spot occurred in the Impact/RX eras. For durability, the Impact series has only peers and few of those...The RX pedals are light, but suffer from the long-term durability issues that can come along with anything made of plastic. Still the working parts are durable brass and steel.

I used Impacts for years and liked them. But when they stopped making them I moved away and after trying the SPD-SL pedals I got better quality and a float that is nearly indistinguishable from the Times. It literally took me one ride to feel comfortable with the Shimano pedals and after that I couldn't get rid of my Times fast enough.

They were great pedals and I agree with everything you said but I've moved on and don't really miss them.

chiasticon
11-13-2018, 06:46 AM

the only no-no - straight post, straight fork.lol, bike nazis...

"he wanted his frames ridden! oh, you can't get your ass in the right place without a straight post...? you should just hang it on the wall."

mcteague
11-13-2018, 06:51 AM
I tried Time, many "times", but they kept breaking. So, Shimano Ultegra it is. At first I felt funny putting Shimano on my all Campy bikes but I quickly got over it. The SPD-SL stuff just works.

Tim

AngryScientist
11-13-2018, 06:52 AM
to get back to the OPs question, i use SPD-SLs pretty exclusively. they just work, and i use them for both road and gravel, very reliable, low maintenance system.

for the strictly shimano opposed though, exustar makes a SPD-SL cleat compatible pedal with ti spindles and a carbon body that's pretty good! and you dont have to change cleats!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/FvwAAOSwqj5bXLZR/s-l640.jpg

El Chaba
11-13-2018, 07:53 AM
I used Impacts for years and liked them. But when they stopped making them I moved away and after trying the SPD-SL pedals I got better quality and a float that is nearly indistinguishable from the Times. It literally took me one ride to feel comfortable with the Shimano pedals and after that I couldn't get rid of my Times fast enough.

They were great pedals and I agree with everything you said but I've moved on and don't really miss them.

I hear you. Shimano perfected the Look system, no doubt. There are a couple features of the Time pedals that I find very worthwhile. First is the way the force required for release is completely independent of the force required for retention...So you can set them up for a very light touch for entry and release with no compromise for sprinting out of saddle efforts, climbing, etc...The second feature is the design of the rear cam which keeps the shoe tight to the pedal no matter how much wear is on the cleat. This is WAY undersold for the Time pedals...

merckx
11-13-2018, 08:00 AM
I did not enjoy the auto self-centering mechanism of the Times. That little bit of spring resistance to recenter the cleat during rotation drove me to murder.

boywander
11-13-2018, 08:28 AM
Used Speedplay for years then saw the light, they’re crap! Went to Dura-Ace which are well made but the cleat float is awful so on TIME now...the new Xpro pedals are a godsend...

Same here; Time expresso

huck*this
11-13-2018, 08:50 AM
Those two piece look cleats are kind of ingenious but I just see another interface to make a little noise/creak.

I thought the same. I always grease the base of my cleats so I just throw a small dab where the two meet. But in all honesty never had a creak and the tolerances are very very tight. Give it a try. $10 on Amazon. They wear out or get grungy I just swap them out. Cheap enough.

oldpotatoe
11-13-2018, 08:52 AM
Great pedals, C should have kept making and

developing them

Boat anchors, but love the memory. :beer:

They did, called them ProFits..really good pedals.

Blue Jays
11-13-2018, 09:26 AM
”...They did, called them ProFits..really good pedals...”Agreed.
Campagnolo Pro-Fit pedals have proven extremely reliable on all my bicycles for years and years.
Just a bit of occasional cleaning and relubrication. I hope they keep making them.

wpod
11-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Was a happy Pro-Fit/ Sidi Ergo3 user until my relocation to the Left side of the wall.

The thought of break downs and long return walks on the worse then lousy Baja tarmac/caminos in road cleats prompted the switch to XTR/Drakos. Completely satisfied and the peace of mind is worth the brand melding...

Dino Suegiù
11-13-2018, 01:49 PM

This is even more ridiculous than the whole "all-Italian" notion in the first place, really.
Ride whatever you prefer, whatever works best for you, on any bicycle you own. Nobody cares but you the rider, and maybe people peeping photos on internet forums.

lol, bike nazis...

"he wanted his frames ridden! oh, you can't get your ass in the right place without a straight post...? you should just hang it on the wall."
Exactly!

They did, called them ProFits..really good pedals.
Indeed, very good. Why did they stop, do you know? Not enough market?

I loved Pro-Fits. Also love Speedplay Zero (great improvement over the X models, for me) and the Keywin CRM. Keywin are superb and comfortable and seem indestructible.

oldpotatoe
11-13-2018, 01:56 PM
Agreed.
Campagnolo Pro-Fit pedals have proven extremely reliable on all my bicycles for years and years.
Just a bit of occasional cleaning and relubrication. I hope they keep making them.

Although still ‘out there’ and cleats still made, the pedals haven’t been made for a while..

https://planetcyclery.com/campagnolo-record-pro-fit-plus-titanium-pedals

Dino Suegiù
11-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Although still ‘out there’ and cleats still made, the pedals haven’t been made for a while..

https://planetcyclery.com/campagnolo-record-pro-fit-plus-titanium-pedals
Interesting, thank you.
So Campagnolo still make the Pro-Fit cleats, but not the bodies any more?
I wonder why they chose that.
Or are the cleats made by others?

oldpotatoe
11-13-2018, 02:07 PM
Interesting, thank you.
So Campagnolo still make the Pro-Fit cleats, but not the bodies any more?
I wonder why they chose that.
Or are the cleats made by others?

I think they realized a really crowded field so their $ better used elsewhere. Look, shimano the big dogs.
I also thought they were great pedals but never became really popular.
Cleats still made by Campagnolo..geez, Campag still make 8s cogsets and 10s, 2007/8 design Record Ergo levers..they support their stuff pretty well.

AngryScientist
11-13-2018, 02:12 PM
yea, campy stopped making a lot of cool stuff, like seatposts and headsets, i think?

they had a pretty decent clothing line for a while too.

hubs in multiple levels with multiple drillings...

they have given up making a lot of stuff i would still like to buy.

Dino Suegiù
11-13-2018, 02:14 PM
I think they realized a really crowded field so their $ better used elsewhere. Look, shimano the big dogs.
I also thought they were great pedals but never became really popular.
Cleats still made by Campagnolo..geez, Campag still make 8s cogsets and 10s, 2007/8 design Record Ergo levers..they support their stuff pretty well.
Yes, that all makes sense, thanks.

I too wonder why the pedals were never so popular; there seemed to be a kind of rejection of them even back when P-F first came out. I can't remember why, but like you say it was probably the perception of more advanced tech from Look, Shimano, Time. P-F never really "upgraded" the design, to "Version xyz", right? I miss the Record seatposts, too.

oldpotatoe
11-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Yes, that all makes sense, thanks.

I too wonder why the pedals were never so popular; there seemed to be a kind of rejection of them even back when P-F first came out. I can't remember why, but like you say it was probably the perception of more advanced tech from Look, Shimano, Time. P-F never really "upgraded" the design, to "Version xyz", right? I miss the Record seatposts, too.

All true except for Time. I sold them for a while but saw many failures/warranty issues. Look didn’t either. Except for Blade, which is a questionable design, imho, their pedals haven’t really changed for a long time. Their cleats did...tho:eek:

pdmtong
11-13-2018, 02:31 PM
lol, bike nazis...

that's dario's documented aesthetic preference ... but yes, do what you need to make the fit right for you.

djg
11-13-2018, 03:16 PM
I have Look pedals on the road bike and Time on the cross bike. These are the best possible pedals in the world, out of all the pedals I already own, and am accustomed to using.

SpokeValley
11-13-2018, 03:39 PM
Great discussion.

Campy guy, here with Speedplay Zeros.

Dekonick
11-13-2018, 03:42 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81S8wGzkyNL._SL1500_.jpg

That's slick... as in both cool and slippery...

;)

Dave B
11-13-2018, 04:13 PM
I use XT or XTR mtb pedals on every bike, cross, mtb, road. I hate road shoes and pedals. The mtb stuff is easier on my feet all around. Plus they are super easy into and out of the pedal.

Dekonick
11-13-2018, 04:46 PM
Time ATAC's on everything.

Matthew
11-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Speedplay X 2 on all of my bikes.

DfCas
11-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Time mtb (Atac roc) on everything.

damocles
11-13-2018, 06:16 PM
Great discussion.

Campy guy, here with Speedplay Zeros.

Agreed. As the OP, I've found everyone's banter on this super useful. Pic's of my new Pegoretti with Shimano pedals coming in the next day or two :hello:

sfscott
11-13-2018, 06:19 PM
That's slick... as in both cool and slippery...

;)

Those cleats are made by, I believe VP Components, not Look.

Use 'em with my Garmin Vectors, which is a non-Shimano answer to what to put on a Campy bike (3 of them) and maintain the Look Keo interface.

Red Tornado
11-13-2018, 06:33 PM
look keo's

+1

ntb1001
11-13-2018, 06:40 PM
yea, campy stopped making a lot of cool stuff, like seatposts and headsets, i think?

they had a pretty decent clothing line for a while too.

hubs in multiple levels with multiple drillings...

they have given up making a lot of stuff i would still like to buy.

Agreed...even rims before they made factory wheels.

They made all of the little bits & pieces way back...drop out screws, pump clamps, seat post binder bolts...etc

Wayne77
11-13-2018, 07:59 PM
Someone might have already said this already but if the premise for the question is about what pedals are ‘appropriate’ for Campy, and since pedals have zero dependency on one’s drivetrain of choice, wouldn’t equally valid questions be what do Campy guys do for saddles / handlebars / helmets / etc?

I remember when I bought my first Campy group. At the time Campy pedals were available and more or less positioned as part of the overall groupo. So then it was definitely a question for me but reviews of the pro fit pedals seemed iffy in comparison to the DA pedals so I went that direction.

Right now I’m running Bora Ultras on my Shimano DA equipped Italian branded Wiler frame that was really built in Taiwan. Heretic! :-)

damocles
11-14-2018, 11:49 PM
OP, checking in here... I'll get some better pics and intelligent thoughts together soon. Here's a few pics of day on the Marcelo with Record 12 + DA pedals though ;)

So far the DA pedals and Campy parts have not rejected each other.

charliedid
11-15-2018, 07:35 AM
I honestly don't understand why your drivetrain choice should need to inform your pedal choice.

Just ride the pedals that work best for you.

old_fat_and_slow
11-15-2018, 09:56 AM
Look Keo and Keo Blades on all my road bikes.

+ eleventy-eleven

Joxster
11-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Speedplay for me

avalonracing
11-15-2018, 02:04 PM
As someone who rode Speedplay pedals for almost a decade (with a few pairs of good carbon sole Sidis) when I tried Shimano again I wanted to kick myself for believing the Speedplay "your cleat is the platform" line. The Speedplay pedals feel like you are riding on lollipops compared to the big, comfortable, secure Shimano platform.

I sold all the Speedplay and put Shimano on each of my bikes and am really happy with their long-term performance.

Dino Suegiù
11-15-2018, 04:09 PM
As someone who rode Speedplay pedals for almost a decade (with a few pairs of good carbon sole Sidis) when I tried Shimano again I wanted to kick myself for believing the Speedplay "your cleat is the platform" line. The Speedplay pedals feel like you are riding on lollipops compared to the big, comfortable, secure Shimano platform.

I sold all the Speedplay and put Shimano on each of my bikes and am really happy with their long-term performance.

The "X" series certainly did feel like that, but I do think the Zero are a real improvement, even though the "lollipops" are the same size. The lack of free float is so much better feeling.

Otherwise, for "standard" cleat/pedal proportions, I like the Keywin CRM.

But, Shimano pedals are also clearly excellent, over many years; I just have never had occasion to try/use them.

nobuseri
11-15-2018, 04:13 PM
Shimano (Dura Ace) pedals on all my bikes - regardless of the groupset.

I wear the same (road) shoe, no matter the bike, so it makes a "grab and go" situation a lot easier. I used to run Look, but the cleats seems to be a lot softer. Wear out a lot quicker. Shimano ones are always on sale somewhere.

m_sasso
11-15-2018, 04:23 PM
Shimano (Dura Ace) pedals on all my bikes - regardless of the groupset.

I wear the same (road) shoe, no matter the bike, so it makes a "grab and go" situation a lot easier.

Same here, except for my Mt. bike and touring bike, Shimano XTR pedals, with inset SPD cleats, can't run or walk properly in SPD-SL's.