PDA

View Full Version : Today's Musings

Lanternrouge
11-10-2018, 08:12 PM
I was feeling tired this morning but got peer-pressured into riding. I was really slow, but it was still way better than staying home and it made the cappuccino taste extra good and it was better than the coffee I make at home.

I saw two awesome bikes today: the Pope's Sarto and a Moots Rout RSL with some Boyd Carbon wheels and some super beefy 40mm tires. I didn't get to see any "particularly" exciting cars riding today The most "exotic" thing I saw today was a Ferrari, but those aren't as exciting as the blue McClaren I saw yesterday. I know I saw at least one 911 turbo today, but I think it might take more to get me excited now.

The drinks for the evening have been Bailey's mixed with eggnog vodka then Bailey's mixed with cake-flavored vodka. I'm not sure which one I liked better, so may need to make one of each at the same time and then compare. My SO thought both tasted really great, though she's currently drinking some wine I picked up for her, which is a 2006 Napa Cab blend that i got for $18 a bottle. I'm not a wine drinker, but I think it's important to make sure she has good stuff to drink, hence the reason why we have two wine refrigerators that are basically full.

On a closing note, bikes are inherently awesome and riding them especially so. I'd like to be able to spend more time riding bikes and drinking coffee (and maybe some other stuff) than I currently do, but somehow responsibilities interfere.

weisan
11-10-2018, 08:26 PM
https://perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/hong-kong-selfie.gif

it might take more to get me excited now.

lantern pal, are you constantly looking for the next high?

It might get harder and harder....sometimes
The last shall be first.

Lanternrouge
11-10-2018, 08:48 PM
https://perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/hong-kong-selfie.gif

lantern pal, are you constantly looking for the next high?

It might get harder and harder....sometimes
The last shall be first.

That comment was in relationship to seeing interesting cars out on the road. I'm a bike nut who has taken some appreciation to cars. here are a lot of nice cars around here. There aren't too many bikes I see that have the "wow" factor for me anyway. In the end, they are just things and cars, or at least exotic ones, are a rich guy's hobby. Plus, there's no car in the world that could be as fun as a bike on a long-term basis.

weisan
11-10-2018, 09:03 PM
ah...gotcha!

sorry, I am slow to pick that up, not a car guy.