PDA

View Full Version : A Day or two in the life of a cyclist

cnighbor1
11-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Just has I was about to go down Mt Diablo last week a cyclist noticed I had worn down to the cords at one small area onthe rear Continental tire
Went downhill slowly and home
At home installed a new continental tire .
And than went out the next day in bright sunshine and noticed new tire deflective.
Took the deflective tire back for warranty replacement. But not before I installed another new tire and rode out to Martinez On the way back a big load rubbing noise occurred going fast downhill from the rear of the bike
I stopped three times to fine source of the noise Never did Went away on flats
Had to go to sports basement to get the replacement warranty tire so I took in rear wheel for service has shop stated manufacturer requires yearly service. the mechanic wasn't busy so he did some investigation of the Mavic rear hub. A small diameter piece of copper wire had somehow got into the hub aways and was the cause of the noise. Removed it added fresh lube and the wheel good to go. No charge. Yes!!!

Ken Robb
11-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Just a thought: I would have placed a dollar bill or piece of foil, etc. on the inside of the tire behind the thin spot just to provide extra insurance against a flat/blowout.

weisan
11-07-2018, 05:48 PM
The title should be

A tire or two or three...in the life of a cyclist.