PDA

View Full Version : My new bike

M_A_Martin
04-30-2004, 03:21 PM
It was described to me as a "Nova Special K"

Ben has since explained that it is a Special X due to the tubing used...

These will be my first tubulars! Woo hoo

And I found it on the MMBA Classifieds and I think it is cute.

:banana:

Yes, another bike...but I'm downsizing my collection...really...I'm not sure how...

This will probably either get turned into the daily commuter...or who knows...

gasman
04-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Very nice looking bike. Using it as a daily commuter is almost as bad as my friends that use their old Serottas as rain bikes- fenders and all. At least my rain bike is an old Litespeed-Ti doesn't corrode !!
What components ?Details !!
And what bikes are you going to get rid of ?

Johny
04-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Yes, another bike...but I'm downsizing my collection...really...I'm not sure how...

ANOTHER nice bike. :)

I think We have been infected by the virus from Dbrk or Dnovo (where are you?). The symptom: more bikes in the house. :D

Keith A
04-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Looks great -- just what everyone needs...another Serotta. Make sure you let us know when it arrives and we want to see the pics of the final product.

Kevin
04-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Good looking bike. Best of luck.

Kevin

Bill Bove
04-30-2004, 06:17 PM
I love it. Mine dates from the early '90's, has been repainted and had the components upgraded on an infrequent basis. I guess I just like having a lugged steel bike in the collection.

M_A_Martin
04-30-2004, 07:27 PM
I'll probably be rehoming a few bikes that are too big for me. I have a CSI and a Bianchi EV2 aluminum that are about 4cm too long on the top tube...both should go. It would be hard to part with my old Bianchi Eros. Real Italian lugged steel. I've got 10,000 miles on that little bikey.

SPOKE
04-30-2004, 08:54 PM
nice bike Ginger! how's the tt length??

M_A_Martin
04-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Seat tube is short, tt is about right from what I understand (I could get it and find that it is clearly NOT the right size. It will be fine for a second bike that's close to fitting when I don't want to take my good bike out...I either pick it up tomorrow, or wait four weeks...

SPOKE
04-30-2004, 10:21 PM
getting the correct TT length is the most important thing. i use that and ST angle to determine if i can make it fit without going to extremes.

M_A_Martin
04-30-2004, 10:31 PM
How can I put this...he had his wife measure it and call him...so it might be a 50.5 top tube...and it might not...if it is, the TT fits. If its a 51 it will still work with some stem issues. I mostly think its an interesting bike...
7 speed downtube shifters...tee hee...

SPOKE
04-30-2004, 10:36 PM
i actually owned one of the Special X's for about a week. i wasn't happy with the paint quality so i traded it for a very nice 89' candy apple red Paramount OS that i still have in the collection. now that i have such a collection/connection to Serotta i wish i had not traded it.

M_A_Martin
05-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Such a deal I'll make you!

I'll trade you this beautiful historic example of a Serotta for: an OTTROTT!! :D (in my size of course)

Yes Spoke...I think that's fair!

:banana:

SPOKE
05-01-2004, 12:51 PM
what else can you add to "sweeten the deal"? :rolleyes:

M_A_Martin
05-01-2004, 11:33 PM
An honest to goodness Serotta steel fork...it came off a big boy blue 54 CSi...

But that's about it.

SPOKE
05-02-2004, 10:00 PM
gotta dig deeper than that young lady!! :p

M_A_Martin
05-02-2004, 10:41 PM
You're the one who gave away your special X!

Actually...I don't have this bike yet. Thought I had it, but didn't get a chance to get across the state today to pick it up. Haven't been able to get a hold of the seller...

So perhaps he got a better offer. Dnovo? (it is on his side of the state after all)