PDA

View Full Version : Routes, rentals, rides, advice in Pompano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale, Florida?

Rafa
11-04-2018, 03:46 PM
Howdy. I'm going to be traveling to FL later in the month, never been to Pompano Beach/Ft Lauderdale area. I was considering renting a bike while there, and wanted to see if there was wisdom from the collective to make my little vacation more enjoyable. Which are the cool shops to rent from? Where are the popular routes? Thanks!!

Rafa
11-17-2018, 09:59 AM
To update this thread, we're in Florida at the moment. As one might imagine, there's lots of riders out here. I rented a Domane with 105 from a local Trek store. While there, I found a local publication called Cycling Quarterly that has a comprehensive list of bike shops and over 100 regular group rides.

The only hills out here are the draw bridges, but there IS headwind to offer some resistance. Woo hoo!

steveoz
11-17-2018, 10:39 AM
To update this thread, we're in Florida at the moment. As one might imagine, there's lots of riders out here. I rented a Domane with 105 from a local Trek store. While there, I found a local publication called Cycling Quarterly that has a comprehensive list of bike shops and over 100 regular group rides.

The only hills out here are the draw bridges, but there IS headwind to offer some resistance. Woo hoo!

A1A is the best route - it's currently closed between 14th street and Hillsboro Blvd but you can park in the COve parking lot in Deerfield Bch and get on A1A heading N through Boca and then on to forever - great path - wide bike lane -there's a golf course water stop in Boca, another in Delray, and another in Boynton bch and another in Lake Worth - depending on you desired distance:banana: yes it's flat - look out for the old people driving !

Rafa
11-17-2018, 11:21 AM
A1A is the best route - it's currently closed between 14th street and Hillsboro Blvd but you can park in the COve parking lot in Deerfield Bch and get on A1A heading N through Boca and then on to forever - great path - wide bike lane -there's a golf course water stop in Boca, another in Delray, and another in Boynton bch and another in Lake Worth - depending on you desired distance:banana: yes it's flat - look out for the old people driving !

Thanks. A1A is where I’ve been focusing my attention, was there this morning—beautiful scenery with the beach and all. I inadvertently discovered the construction you mentioned, luckily I wasn’t in any hurry to get anywhere as you have several miles of backtracking to get off of A1A. I’m planning on hitting an intermediate group ride from the Trek store in Ft Lauderdale if any Paceliners want to meet up.