PDA

View Full Version : 10sp chain on an 11sp cassette?

makoti
11-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Girlfriend has a kickr with 11sp shimano cassette. My travel bike is there & is 10sp Campy. I was going to be there during the winter & wanted to put my bike on her kickr, but don't know if I'll run into issues or damage the cassette running the wider chain. Don't REALLY care about shifting, can just do erg and leave it in a gear that works.
Anyone run a 10sp chain on an 11sp cassette?

Mikej
11-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Sure, just not optimal.

yinzerniner
11-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Girlfriend has a kickr with 11sp shimano cassette. My travel bike is there & is 10sp Campy. I was going to be there during the winter & wanted to put my bike on her kickr, but don't know if I'll run into issues or damage the cassette running the wider chain. Don't REALLY care about shifting, can just do erg and leave it in a gear that works.
Anyone run a 10sp chain on an 11sp cassette?

I wouldn't chance it, as the outer width of the chain binding in the cassette just isn't worth the $15 or so a new chain would cost.

makoti
11-01-2018, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't chance it, as the outer width of the chain binding in the cassette just isn't worth the $15 or so a new chain would cost.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm hoping it's not going to hurt the cassette or chain, just shift like crap.