PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried 3M - 08008 - Super Weatherstrip Adhesive as an alternative to Fastack?

Gummee
11-01-2018, 10:15 AM
3M is saying that's as close as they get to Fastack any more...

Anyone tried it yet?

M

11-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Fast Tack ceased to work properly years ago after one of the early reformulations. I've tried 08008 to repair track tire base tapes and it didn't work. It's probably fine for the original purpose that Fast Tack was designed for -- to attach automotive trim and vinyl roofs. But it doesn't self-repair like Mastik One does, it's a pain to remove, and it still seems to mess with adhesives used in assembling tubular tires. I see no reason to use either.

glepore
11-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Agreed. I was a fastack user and now use either Mastik One or, believe it or not, Weldwood contact adhesive. Both are more secure than fastack though, not a good thing... I'd never rolled a Fastack flat, and these glues stick much better, making roadside changes without a knife a cross fit event.

pbarry
11-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Better alternatives out there. But, I used Fastack exclusively as a messenger. Super fast tire changes, and a few rolled tires doing low speed manuvers..