PDA

View Full Version : Parlee Chebaco

Dan Le foot
11-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Hey gang.
The new Parlee Chebaco has been built up and the wife loves it. (I had the LBS do the build since I haven’t done disc brakes and internal cabling yet)
Yesterday I installed a new stem on the bike. Michelle insisted that the top cap for the flex fit should stay in place rather than moving along with the other spacers when the handle bar is turned.
Is that true? If so I have no idea on how to keep the top cap in place
Thanks.
Dan

Adam
11-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Hi Dan

The Parlee flex fit cap will indeed turn along with the stem. It only aligns with the frame when the wheel is pointed straight ahead when set up properly.

sfo1
11-01-2018, 11:20 AM
That was my experience w/the Altum (same flex fit gizmo).

FWIW, I also rode a BMC Roadmachine that has the same 'wedge' that allows for more stack (but, proprietary -12 stem that allows for internal cable routing).

Seems like nobody has a patent on that.

On Parlee topic; do these ever get discounted? I was going to ride an Altum disc and the prices quoted to me seemed pretty high (compared to what I can Google). Parlee does not quote $ on its website but does list the build spec. Maybe I am getting the 'San Francisco" price?

Hi Dan

The Parlee flex fit cap will indeed turn along with the stem. It only aligns with the frame when the wheel is pointed straight ahead when set up properly.

Pegoready
11-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Hi Dan

Agreed.

It's a little unsettling when you first see it, but it's true!

Dan Le foot
11-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone.
I sent some pics off to Parlee. Great customer service over there
It seems the LBS forgot to install the rubber Seal in the flex cap and the top bearings seal.
Dan

roguedog
11-02-2018, 07:57 AM
Dan - what was the impetus to change over to the Chebaco? Was it only cuz of the disc brakes? Curious.