PDA

View Full Version : Griffen B4C ???

bigman
11-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Anyone have any experience with these frames B4C classic? If so please list the size you rode or are currently riding and your height and weight.

cdimattio
11-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Anyone have any experience with these frames B4C classic? If so please list the size you rode or are currently riding and your height and weight.

I am 5'11 and 167lbs, for a time I rode a Griffen 57cm Classic B4C.

I am not sure I believe all the Griffen proprietary tubing marketing, but it did it have excellent power transmission and more heft than your average beer can frame.

I am thinking the 57cm frame was about 3lbs.

bigman
11-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Can you compare this to anything else ? Would you say the ride is more like ti or steel?

Thanks

sw3759
11-12-2006, 07:37 PM
I have medium size Griffen Kompresser B4c that i picked up mainly for the parts from an ex employee of Griffen.i rode it for hundred or so miles.i was pretty impressed that it soaked up the road buzz quite well like Ti or Carbon but it had that aluminum feel to the BB.meaning super stiff.which some like,i don't.i prefer steel 10/1 over anything else so i am selling it cheap.it handles really nice,pretty quick front end.it's cadillac black metallic w/gold decals and a painted to match ouzo pro if any body out there is interested.$750 or OBO
hope that helps

Scott
5'7.5" 145lbs

Jeff N.
11-13-2006, 05:26 PM
I've got a 61cm Classic B4C with Joe Bell paint up on E-Bay right now! Wonderful bike. Rides like Ti, albeit a bit stiffer. I'm selling it, and later some other rides, because I'm spoiled with my new Holland Exogrid and don't much ride any of the others anymore. I'm 6'4", 238. Jeff N.