PDA

View Full Version : Campy Athena/Chorus compatibility issue

ariw
10-29-2018, 08:59 PM
Building up a new ride and FD just isn’t right, as in, not enough clicks for proper adjustment. Shifters are 2015 chorus 11, FD is Athena 11, not really sure about year. A quick search has me thinking that this combo just doesn’t work and I need a newer, possibly chorus FD. Any other ideas?

Tia,
Ari

oldpotatoe
10-30-2018, 06:47 AM
Building up a new ride and FD just isn’t right, as in, not enough clicks for proper adjustment. Shifters are 2015 chorus 11, FD is Athena 11, not really sure about year. A quick search has me thinking that this combo just doesn’t work and I need a newer, possibly chorus FD. Any other ideas?

Tia,
Ari

Should work..if adjusted properly, 3 clicks to big ring..'not enough clicks' doesn't compute. Adjust front der inner cage really close to chain when in lowest gear(small ring, biggest cog)..make cable really tight(adjust inner limit screw so chain tickles inner cage...attach cable, puling it TIGHT while pushing down on thumb button)..THEN turn inner limit screw out(left/counter clockwise) a wee/tiny bit..makes cable tight. 3 clicks, should go up to big ring..then outer limit wcrew just touching the stop..just touching..

ariw
11-01-2018, 04:40 AM
OP-

That's pretty close to how I set this up, but obviously something wasn't right the first time. As usual, between your help and the mechanic that first trained me 20-something years ago, I stopped adjusting and just started the setup from scratch and got it. Hopefully, I will get to ride tomorrow morning and "shakedown" the new bike.

Thanks,
-Ari

oldpotatoe
11-01-2018, 07:07 AM
op-

that's pretty close to how i set this up, but obviously something wasn't right the first time. As usual, between your help and the mechanic that first trained me 20-something years ago, i stopped adjusting and just started the setup from scratch and got it. Hopefully, i will get to ride tomorrow morning and "shakedown" the new bike.

Thanks,
-ari

huzzah!!