PDA

View Full Version : Can FSA chainrings shift Campy?

d_douglas
10-28-2018, 08:50 PM
A friend has offered a new FSA 11spd 46t chainring to use on my UT Chorus crankset. I have a TA 36t to use as the small ring.

Aside from the 112mm ring (I am fine with filing out the 110mm ring) will the FSA ring shift properly? My buddy says it’s stamped to work with Shimano, but I imagine that this will work fine - what do you think?

If it won’t work, does anyone have a 46t Campy compatible ring for sale?

choke
10-28-2018, 10:04 PM
I can't see why it wouldn't work...a chain is a chain.

dddd
10-28-2018, 10:18 PM
Campy's 5-arm cranksets have used the big ring's tooth offset to achieve varied spacing for different chain widths, while Shimano cranksets have used the small ring's tooth offset to achieve different spacing.

So expecting one brand's chainring to work on another brand of crank is not going to be predictable, since different brands can use different approaches to chainring spacing.

oldpotatoe
10-29-2018, 05:36 AM
A friend has offered a new FSA 11spd 46t chainring to use on my UT Chorus crankset. I have a TA 36t to use as the small ring.

Aside from the 112mm ring (I am fine with filing out the 110mm ring) will the FSA ring shift properly? My buddy says it’s stamped to work with Shimano, but I imagine that this will work fine - what do you think?

If it won’t work, does anyone have a 46t Campy compatible ring for sale?

If you get it to fit onto the crank arm, it'll work fine..particularly with Campag shifters, the LH one much more 'forgiving' with this sort of thing than shimano and really for sram.

'Stamped to work with shimano'...:eek::):butt:..not for 11s.

And for right above..how the 3 makers achieve '11s' spacing on their CRs isn' important as long as it's '11s' spacing. You start FD adjust with distances from the small ring, regardess.