PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Design Studios--anyone ridden their offerings?

paredown
10-27-2018, 08:00 AM
Read the longish thread end to end (hey, it's raining) and wondered if anyone has ridden or purchased either of the new bikes?

I went back and looked at the web page this morning and was curious...

Old thread here

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=215950&highlight=duetti&page=1

dave thompson
10-27-2018, 09:46 AM
On the Serotta Design Studios website they’re offering a 20% discount on a Duetti as well as they will contribute $400 to the charity of the customers choice. Is this a sign that things are weak and not going well for them? I hope not.

oldguy00
10-27-2018, 09:50 AM
I can't see who would be interested in a bike that is priced super high, have nothing unique about it really, and have a terrible resale value.

Has anyone -ever- seen one in the wild??

PaMtbRider
10-27-2018, 10:20 AM
I have a friend who is working with Ben in his latest bike company venture. He has both a Duetti and an aModoMio. I've seen both and they are nice looking bikes. They are working on a new carbon / Ti gravel model to be released in the near future.

laupsi
10-27-2018, 01:11 PM
I can't see who would be interested in a bike that is priced super high, have nothing unique about it really, and have a terrible resale value.

Has anyone -ever- seen one in the wild??

Maybe I should consider myself “lucky”, but I never consider resale value when purchasing new bike/frame. Then again, I rarely sell my bikes. Think long hard about what you really want!

oldguy00
10-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Maybe I should consider myself “lucky”, but I never consider resale value when purchasing new bike/frame. Then again, I rarely sell my bikes. Think long hard about what you really want!

That's fair, but a -lot- of people flip their bikes eventually.

Nothing against Ben, I thought Serotta was a great brand, but this latest stuff is pretty boring looking for the price.

OtayBW
10-27-2018, 04:31 PM
I just came back from the Philly Bike Expo. Seems like that would have been a good venue to show, but I guess other priorities....

Hawker
11-10-2018, 06:37 PM
I just came back from the Philly Bike Expo. Seems like that would have been a good venue to show, but I guess other priorities....

Hmm, that does seem a little odd?