PDA

View Full Version : CyclingTips article on one of pro cycling’s few black African riders

fiamme red
10-26-2018, 12:15 PM
Good stuff: https://cyclingtips.com/2018/10/pioneer-a-candid-discussion-with-one-of-pro-cyclings-few-black-african-riders/.

Last year during the Tour of Romandie, Sky’s Gianni Moscon made racist remarks to Kevin Reza and was suspended for six weeks and dispatched to a diversity awareness course. Grmay claimed that he’s never encountered racism in the peloton and he attributed it to his persistent positivity.

“I try and have good communication with the riders and have good fun,” he said. “If you give someone positive energy you will receive positive energy back. I always come with a smile and good energy toward everybody and that’s what I receive.”

William
10-26-2018, 12:21 PM
“I try and have good communication with the riders and have good fun,” he said. “If you give someone positive energy you will receive positive energy back. I always come with a smile and good energy toward everybody and that’s what I receive.”

Awesome, control what you can control and have a positive outlook. It would be great if more people approached life like that.

William

93KgBike
10-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Great article and frank conversation. Thanks for posting the link!

AngryScientist
10-26-2018, 01:23 PM
Awesome, control what you can control and have a positive outlook. It would be great if more people approached life like that.

William

wow, yes - that is an awesome and powerful quote. so simple, so basic - but it works!

good stuff