PDA

View Full Version : NYC Bicycle Show This Weekend

victoryfactory
04-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Yo;
Don't forget the NYC Bike show this weekend.
at the NY Armory 26th & Lex
A small show, but Serotta is usually there and a few other interesting companies. Fri. 5:00 pm to 10:30 Sat 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
http://bicycleshows.us/

VF

Roy E. Munson
04-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Dead link there, Sherlock!

victoryfactory
04-30-2004, 09:47 AM
fixed

Kevan
04-30-2004, 02:23 PM
7:00 p.m.
Chopper Building Workshop Part I
C.H.U.N.K. 666 (http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/) will assist those interested in building their own choppers, tallbikes, and battlewagons. Bring whatever parts you can: frames, wheels (especially coaster brake rear wheels), handlebars, stems, seats, seat posts, pipes, chains, parts, etc. Think like we're trying to equip an army of cyclists of every size and shape to cross the salt flats, and that there are hordes of mutant trogs along the way that will kill a quarter of the people and wreck an unknown number of bikes, so maybe we'll have more bikes than people, maybe less. For more info in advance, contact the master builders at C.H.U.N.K. -- thesmeltor @ yahoo.com

Dude
04-30-2004, 10:38 PM
but to be honest the show is pretty crappy. The only reason to go is to check out the Serotta booth, which had some very beautiful bikes, brooklyn brewery beer (only company in NY state that is 100% wind powerd), the bargain cycling socks (i got a pair with a picture of a butt on it that says "crack attack" - you can't find better deals than that).

Actually, there is a New England bicycle museum booth that has some really cool stuff. Also check out the puerto Rican Cruiser club, that is pretty neat.

On a whole, pretty lame show for the largest city in the US. It has its ups and downs, don't plan on spending more than an hour here.

Kevin
05-01-2004, 05:11 AM
I had the same experience as the Dude.

Kevin

victoryfactory
05-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Dude, Kevin;

I agree, but 3 pair of DeFeet sox for $10 is a super bargain. I got some that say "Season's Greetings" Hmmm....

Also, did you check out Dr Zheng Duan's latest (made in China) Ti frames? every year expands his line. This year he has an imitation Ottrott complete with carbon tubes, lugwork that looks very much like you know who's, and carbon seat/chainstays for about 900 bucks. Can you say lawsuit?

VF, not a lawyer

Kevan
05-01-2004, 12:11 PM
from one of my riding buddies. Glad I didn't jump on the train city bound.