PDA

View Full Version : Mavic Full Carbon wheel owners -- brake pads?

Nooch
10-19-2018, 02:47 PM
I now have two pair of Cosmic Pro SL's, and am in need of new pads for one set. I've heard (these are both second hand) that mavic requires use of their yellow swiss stop pads to maintain warranty -- though, as I'm not the original owner, don't know if that means much to me.

Anyone using black prince pads with these wheels, or any other options?

Thanks!

Blown Reek
10-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Anyone using black prince pads with these wheels, or any other options?

The black pads work even better than the supplied yellow ones. I rode a set of Cosmic Pro Carbon SL C and Ksyrium Pro SL C with the yellow pads and then the black pads, and the only issue I had was better stopping with the black pads.

rheosibal
10-19-2018, 04:17 PM
Campy reds work really well with Mavics too

enr1co
10-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Campy reds work really well with Mavics too

Will second campy red pads on my Carbon SL- very solid dry stopping. I avoid riding my carbon wheels in rain. Have some beather AL wheels for rain.

Use them with enve gray and williams blue but the Campy reds are best w/my experience. Havent tried the Swiss black.

fogrider
10-19-2018, 09:14 PM
I haven't used them on Mavics, but I will say, Reynolds blue pads work pretty good and they have a 'power' version that is even better.

tuscanyswe
10-20-2018, 07:39 AM
I like the mavic yellows for their own rims if not that they wear increadibly fast. I think i will need a new set of pads in a month or so and have only been riding these wheels / bikes for like 2 months. + i have quite a few other bikes ive used during this time as well.

Definitely the fastest wearing pads ive come across thus far.