PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Giro LTZ gloves; need suggestion for gloves with minimal padding

echappist
10-19-2018, 12:30 PM
And reasonably aero, if possible

Suggestions? Better yet if the color scheme is black/white, as the sole remaining LTZ glove I have is black/white. So many things get lost during moves...

Thanks in advance

jmoore
10-19-2018, 01:18 PM
virtually zero padding. +forum sponsor

http://www.recoveredcycling.com/product/cuero-gloves-black/

BdaGhisallo
10-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Try the new Shimano S-Phyre gloves. No padding and the palm material is the best I've ever felt. I have long been a lover of none padded gloves and the Shimano's top every other model I've ever tried.

Gsinill
10-19-2018, 01:59 PM

This!

rzthomas
10-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Mechanix gloves are my go-to for cheap, no-padding gloves that can also be easily found at your local AutoZone or NAPA.

el cheapo
10-19-2018, 03:03 PM
rzthomas hit the mark...go cheap and skip bike gloves that are over priced and don't last. Buy gloves at Walmart or Lowes and cut down the fingers. I got so tired of spending good $$$ on gloves spec'd for bicycles. Was at a local sporting goods store and they had some Remington ATV gloves on closeout so I bought them and cut out the fingers. That was FIVE years ago and they're still going strong.

cmbicycles
10-19-2018, 03:31 PM

+ unmatched quality in the gloves compared to anything else I have used.

I'm not sure I have ever bought gloves where aero was any part of the equation. I've only ever looked at fit/comfort/durability/price.

pdmtong
10-19-2018, 04:02 PM
And reasonably aero, if possible

Suggestions? Better yet if the color scheme is black/white, as the sole remaining LTZ glove I have is black/white. So many things get lost during moves...

Thanks in advance

why not the giro zero? the LTZ more "aero"?

echappist
10-19-2018, 04:44 PM
thanks for all the response!

i think perhaps what i really need are gloves where the left and the right can be placed together, so i won't misplace one and need to find another

the Giro Zero def. seem to warrant a second look (missed it in my first go around)

Ozz
10-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Mechanix gloves are my go-to for cheap, no-padding gloves that can also be easily found at your local AutoZone or NAPA.
+1 Use these for mountain biking....

What's up with long cuff on the Giro LTZ gloves? I've never seen that before....I do appreciate the lack of a Velcro closure. All my summer gloves are a "pull on" style.

These look similar to the Giro gloves: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Summer-Pull-On-CYCLING-GLOVES-in-Black-by-ExteOndo/311707863141?hash=item48933c8865:m:mCFPEqIWR3LDJRK 4TsaJ_wQ:sc:USPSFirstClass!99201!US!-1:rk:16:pf:0

zzy
10-19-2018, 05:41 PM
I like windproof cross country skiing gloves with leather palms. Decent breathability, no padding, not expensive, and durable. A ski pole and a handlebar are pretty similar.

stackie
10-19-2018, 07:04 PM
I had no idea they stopped making the LTZ! Love them. In fact, I’m fortunate to have a stock of them. But now I too need to find a replacement.

Jon

BdaGhisallo
10-20-2018, 04:34 AM
I had no idea they stopped making the LTZ! Love them. In fact, I’m fortunate to have a stock of them. But now I too need to find a replacement.

Jon

What size LTZ gloves do you use? I have a stash.

echappist
10-20-2018, 08:44 AM
What size LTZ gloves do you use? I have a stash.

i call dibs on the mediums, if you have any :)

BdaGhisallo
10-21-2018, 06:15 AM
i call dibs on the mediums, if you have any :)

Sorry, no mediums. Smalls. I have smallish hands and I like my gloves skin tight.

stackie
10-21-2018, 08:54 AM
Ya,

I use the XXL. Could use XL probably.

Thanks for the offer. I’ll have to keep my eyes out for some.

Thx,

Jon

Ralph
10-21-2018, 11:20 AM
Walmart. Believe the brand is "Bell", have no idea who makes them. I have some that came with padding, but that's all worn out and gone. Been wearing them 3-4 times a week 5 years now, and gloves still not coming apart. And after every hot weather ride here they are wringing wet with sweat, so they go into the washing machine (and dryer) on a regular basis. Can't kill them. Wife keeps threatening to put them in trash, they are all faded out, and I keep reminding her they still have life left in them. I know what you are thinking.....but they are good enough for me.

jmoore
10-24-2018, 08:16 AM
Walmart. Believe the brand is "Bell", have no idea who makes them. I have some that came with padding, but that's all worn out and gone. Been wearing them 3-4 times a week 5 years now, and gloves still not coming apart. And after every hot weather ride here they are wringing wet with sweat, so they go into the washing machine (and dryer) on a regular basis. Can't kill them. Wife keeps threatening to put them in trash, they are all faded out, and I keep reminding her they still have life left in them. I know what you are thinking.....but they are good enough for me.Splurge a little bit on your hands. They are 1 of 3 touch points with the bike, so worth having something new and fresh.

No one should wear 5yo beaten down gloves.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

BdaGhisallo
10-24-2018, 09:13 AM
I have mentioned it previously but trust me on this one. They are spendier than most but you will not regret it:

http://www.shimano-lifestylegear.com/gl/cw/technologies/sphyre_gloves.php