PDA

View Full Version : Campy bottom bracket

Jmaxwel8
10-19-2018, 08:35 AM
I just bought a super record 11 groupset off a member of the forum. I want to install it on a serotta Colorado II. All I need is the English version of the bottom bracket cups, right? They are like 30 or less online!

Never used campy before so I want to make sure. I checked out the park tool video and I think this is all I need?

FastforaSlowGuy
10-19-2018, 08:38 AM
Check your crankset and make sure there are bearings installed on it, and if so, then you are correct that all you need are those cups. The expensive part (the bearings) comes with the crankset, so the cups are just, well, cups.

oldpotatoe
10-19-2018, 09:18 AM
I just bought a super record 11 groupset off a member of the forum. I want to install it on a serotta Colorado II. All I need is the English version of the bottom bracket cups, right? They are like 30 or less online!

Never used campy before so I want to make sure. I checked out the park tool video and I think this is all I need?

Yes but the black, SR ones don't have seals whereas all the others(Record/Chorus(greenish color), do..I'd recommend the ones with seals. PLUS, regardless of the ceramic koolaide, lotsa grease in BB shell, in cups, on hirth fitting, on crank bolt..etc..grease is good.

Congratulations, BTW..on stepping away from the dark side..:)

Joxster
10-19-2018, 02:00 PM
And don't forget the little circlip thingy

Ronsonic
10-19-2018, 10:59 PM
And don't forget the little circlip thingy

And the wavy washer.

R3awak3n
10-19-2018, 11:20 PM
/\ both those included with the cups.

Jmaxwel8
10-20-2018, 07:56 PM