PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's it for the entire NE...

Kevan
11-10-2006, 03:12 PM
most of us are going to be basking in the 50's to 60's with overcast skies. I've got my pals lined up for November's century ride. Gentler speeds and flatter terrain have been promised. We'll see about that. Rainy day Sunday is reserved for sleeping in, bagels, and the NYT. Anyway, tomorrow, I can see us possibly shedding the warmers and vests. Lord knows the extent of Sandy's shedding down there in DC land.

Anyone tracking William's progress? My understanding he's kinda behaving like Santa Claus, er, Santa Cross. There have been unofficial sightings in Portland Maine, Ludlow Vermont, Scranton PA and reports are continuing to be filed. There was another unconfirmed report from Waterbury CT that he caught a clothesline under the chin. We can only assume he's safe from subsequent filings received, and will return home in time for the steaming. That's if his family is willing to wait that long, that is...

saab2000
11-10-2006, 03:13 PM
I will be in Portland, Maine tomorrow for about 25 minutes. Looking forward to good weather.

zank
11-10-2006, 03:15 PM
I hope there is a William sighting in Derry, NH at the UNH cross race.

Kevan
11-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Knocked off the century with 2 others, though we had plenty of company with folks opting for shorter routes. I appreciate for the pros, ex-pros, and hammerheads, a century is no big deal, but for this weekend wannabe warrior, these monthly rides really suck when all you have is 40 miles from the prior weekend and 2 spin classes to "Keep the edge", ain't that a laugh?! Can hardly wait until December's.

Clutchcargo, I assume you found your way back safely. Did you get your century too?

Anyone know if William ever made it home last night for the steamers?

saab2000
11-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Do you really do a century ride each month? If so that's cool.

I did one this summer....... :banana:

Kevan
11-11-2006, 06:02 PM

eleven completed and accounted for, sir!

mikemets
11-11-2006, 06:08 PM

silly idea ;)