PDA

View Full Version : OT Cable tv services, differences between DirectTV and Spectrum TV?

cmg
10-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Thinking about switching between DirectTV to Spectrum TV. Is there any benefit? Currently spending $170 for cable looking to cut costs. Does Spectrum have better service? What do they do better? Internet is with AT&T should I get Spectrum to provide internet as well? Comments and criticism welcomed. thanks

godfrey1112000
10-18-2018, 03:05 PM
I have spectrum and it is reliable good internet and phone bundle

If we trimmed the premiums hbo.....
The bill would be lower

Office expenses through business makes it tolerable

Service when needed is good and fast

I guess I am happy

QUOTE=cmg;2442570]Thinking about switching between DirectTV to Spectrum TV. Is there any benefit? Currently spending $170 for cable looking to cut costs. Does Spectrum have better service? What do they do better? Internet is with AT&T should I get Spectrum to provide internet as well? Comments and criticism welcomed. thanks[/QUOTE]

kramnnim
10-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Spectrum internet might be faster than your ATT?

rheosibal
10-18-2018, 03:07 PM
I'm currently stuck with Spectrum as they're the only provider with decent internet in my area, so I can only comment on them.

I currently pay 190, but for pretty much the best of all they can offer:

TV: all main channels (in SD and HD), HBO, Showtime etc. Only non-inclusive items are the sports premiums like MLB, NBA etc

Internet: Their best plan (300mbps) or something like that. Actual speed tests are about 150down, 50up, which isn't bad. There's 3 of us in the household with tons of wireless internet connections and the service holds up with everything. You could save $10 a month if you just get your own modem btw.

**Main caveat with their internet is customer service. If it goes down in my area, it's hard to get information with regards to the current issues.

Phone: (yes i still have a land line). It's bulked into my plan as "FREE", yet they probably implement the charges elsewhere.

rheosibal
10-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Also I should note, the contracts are for 1-year periods. Usually whatever promo they're currently offering "expires" after 1-year, but I usually negotiate the same price and offers to which they have approved

peanutgallery
10-18-2018, 03:15 PM
Whats this "cable" of which you speak?

Is it like a black hole?

ptourkin
10-18-2018, 03:37 PM
Whats this "cable" of which you speak?

Is it like a black hole?

Something for people who don't use reddit?

Ken Robb
10-18-2018, 04:35 PM
I think how good cable service varies due to the varying quality of the actual cables leading to your home. I used to have Time-Warner Cable for everything and suffered crummy or no service from time to time while the early1970-vintage cables were repaired. I've had Direct TV via small dish on my roof for several years with no outages and very occasional "tiling" during HEAVY downpours that interfered with satellite reception. I think the smart thing to do is ask your neighbors about their experience with any provider you are considering due to variation in quality from one area to another.

peanutgallery
10-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Hey!!!

That's where I get all my news

Something for people who don't use reddit?

ptourkin
10-18-2018, 04:55 PM
Hey!!!

That's where I get all my news

It's where I find streams. Dodgers in HD on my tv last night. Yay!