PDA

View Full Version : Tom Kattus leaves as Campagnolo NA boss.

oldpotatoe
10-18-2018, 06:29 AM
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2018/10/17/tom-kattus-leaving-campagnolo-after-more-10-years-north-american-gm#.W8huARNKhE5
Michele Cardi will be taking over the position of managing director.

Wonder if it was Tom just 'moving on', or there's some sort of 'palace intrigue' goin' on..I haven't heard anything..kinda sudden....or not, donno.

mcteague
10-18-2018, 07:06 AM
"I'm going to enjoy some time off with family and friends and will come back fully charged and ready for my next adventure."

Family and friends? Always code for getting pushed out.:rolleyes:

Tim

Butch
10-18-2018, 07:40 AM
As you know Peter, great guy that will be missed. Hopefully he stays in the industry. Also, we all know cryptic wording is what it is...

El Chaba
10-18-2018, 08:43 AM
Maybe he told Vicenza that their product lines have gotten ugly....

Spaghetti Legs
10-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Hmm let me get my resume together.

Line 1 - many years of tinkering on bikes with Campagnolo parts.

Done! Fingers crossed!

pdmtong
10-18-2018, 03:21 PM
I’ve met Tom a few times and enjoyed speaking with him.

Didn’t know he had been there only ten. Thought longer.

Wish him luck. Sounds like they wanted to make a change . . . But unless the business model changes not sure how the next person moves the needle any further

oldpotatoe
10-18-2018, 04:00 PM
As you know Peter, great guy that will be missed. Hopefully he stays in the industry. Also, we all know cryptic wording is what it is...

I agree, I told them if they moved the office to Boulder, I’d run it. I DO have a tattoo ya know.:)

ultraman6970
10-18-2018, 06:31 PM
U can use the tatto as your resume...

FlashUNC
10-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Tom was always a great representative for the company, at least at the two NAHBS where he got stuck talking to me.

Best of luck in whatever the future holds for him.

Lanternrouge
10-18-2018, 08:57 PM
It seems like he's among the most well-liked people in the industry. Fortunately, he lives in a good place for making great use of the time between Campy and whatever he is going to be doing next.

Davist
10-19-2018, 05:36 AM
Sounds like they wanted to make a change . . . But unless the business model changes not sure how the next person moves the needle any further

Exactly. I'm sure that if (as typical in sales management) you're paid on growth or at least incentivized on growth, this would be a tough job for anyone