PDA

View Full Version : OT any socal jeep mechs

cinema
10-16-2018, 08:03 PM
I've put off doing a lot of work on my cherokee but now that the summer is winding down I need some help doing work on this leaking piece of ****, and eventually get around to doing the suspension and t-case rebuild.

of course last week someone stole my floor jack out of my car port.

and i'm not super mechanical, basically i can follow youtube tutorials. anyone here want to help me fix some stuff on my XJ who knows these vehicles well? I can pay, just not $100/hr mechanic rates, and can also barter with physical labor if you need any around the home.

any paceliners XJ heads? Pm me. thx!

peanutgallery
10-16-2018, 09:03 PM
Bring that thing to Carlisle PA and I'll do it for beer:)

But you'll have to put up with me

cinema
10-17-2018, 03:06 AM
Bring that thing to Carlisle PA and I'll do it for beer:)

But you'll have to put up with me

grr thanks. theres quite a bit to be done and half of everyone on this side of the country is a snob, wheeling their $100k wranglers and land cruisers. where my fellow grubby mudding midwest transplants at?

peanutgallery
10-17-2018, 07:44 AM
Fairly simple vehicle with tons of resources and parts floating around. In these parts, the rust has settled in on that vintage. It's a shame

Be patient and have fun

marsh
10-17-2018, 10:35 AM
Just changed my leaf springs (with the help of my friends shop). Huge PITA. I have new floor panels to put in and new tires to get before winter. It's a never ending project that's relatively easy to work on (like a bike). I'm always on the verge of getting rid of it, then the kid and I take a long drive on country roads with the fishing gear loaded up, and I change my mind.
https://i.imgur.com/lxdVgrRl.jpg?1

cinema
10-18-2018, 11:35 AM
looks just like mine except red. I'm surprised rust hasn't totally killed it yet in IL, like it did my last Cherokee when I lived in Chicago'. I have an add a leaf pack in my 96 right now but will be putting in whole new packs after I address the steering box this month

https://i.imgur.com/QA1HVWf.jpg

Ozz
10-18-2018, 11:53 AM
AutoTrader??

;)

I know...."it's a Jeep thing"

BTW - I had Grand Cherokee 20 yrs ago....loved it....when it was running (transmission issues and warping disk brakes). Dumped it when lease was up.

marsh
10-18-2018, 12:16 PM
Besides the front and rear floorboards, it's rust free lol. Could punch a hole through some spots bare handed, as my friend at the shop was more than happy to show me.