PDA

View Full Version : Fairwheel Bikes in Tucson (Pegoretti content)

dbnm
10-14-2018, 12:13 AM
I've been wanting to visit this shop for a couple of years and I have the chance today.

I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Ralph Phillips who has owned the shop for 40 years (or something like that).

He offered to show us the warehouse. Amazing place. Lots of history on the walls.

Here are some of the bikes, including several Pegs. The bike against the yellow wall is a AX Lightness and weighs under 9 pounds!

They kind of specialize in weigh weenies items. Be sure to check them out.

R3awak3n
10-14-2018, 05:57 AM
I really like fairwheel bikes as an online shop. They have always been excelent when it comes to service.

That last bike looks like it will break just by me looking at it :)

mdeth1313
10-14-2018, 06:20 AM
Been using them for years (from NY). Wheelsets, frames, all my weight weenie stuff. They're the best.

oldpotatoe
10-14-2018, 07:34 AM
Some of those bikes on the wall need to be ridden!!

jpritchet74
10-14-2018, 11:15 AM
I have been using FWB for nearly everything "new" that I buy for about 13 years now. Great shop. Their wheels builds are fantastic - I have gotten 4 different sets built up from them over the years.

ChainNoise
10-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Good stuff!! Thanks for sharing! I gotta check them out online for my WW needs (which is basically everything...)

duff_duffy
10-14-2018, 12:53 PM
That’s the nicest Huffy I’ve seen in a while!

Jaybee
10-14-2018, 03:58 PM
Fairwheel sold me my first bike-shop bike - a 99 Rockhopper I used to get around UA. Learned the ropes in pacelines on Tuesday and Thursday rides in addition to the Shootout. I chose them purely because they were less than a 1/4 mile from my house, never knew how lucky I was to start out with such a great LBS.

They are known internationally as the WW shop and do all kinds of cool things like the 8 lb bike above, but know that they also are a bunch of cool people who just love cycling and they will be just as happy to sell your kid a $300 cruiser to get around campus as to sell you a $300 uber-light headset for your wunderbike.

EliteVelo
10-14-2018, 04:57 PM
Great shop! Customer service is fantastic. The guy that builds my wheels worked there for years. Have bought countless of Mcfk stems from them that I needed last minute.

R3awak3n
10-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Seriously happy to see all the love for them. I have not bought a lot from them but last time I had a small problem and they were seriously amazing. I thought to myself, I need to buy some stuff from them

katematt
10-15-2018, 08:09 AM
I thought their wheel building biz was over once Norm Kibble left, clearly not that case and appears stronger than ever.