PDA

View Full Version : frankenridely?

Fat Robert
11-09-2006, 09:27 AM
i can't cope with the actual market value of my aeron frame and fork

so its either getting built up or going into a closet

here's the deal:

my saddle setback is 6.5cm. on a zero setback post, pushed back on the rails, it would be 5.5cm -- not that the UCI would check, but into the TT neighborhood for saddle placement. So:

how jackazzed would it be to build my ridely up as a TT rig? zero post, a 120
-17 stem, some dork bars, saddle back on the zero post...not a tri-geek position, but lower than I'd be if I put geek bars on my road bike

this would run about 900 bucks...should I even frickin bother? i could get an amp...a rubber sculpture of obtuse...some nifty black biker shorts...***k....

William
11-09-2006, 09:29 AM
i can't cope with the actual market value of my aeron frame and fork

so its either getting built up or going into a closet

here's the deal:

my saddle setback is 6.5cm. on a zero setback post, pushed back on the rails, it would be 5.5cm -- not that the UCI would check, but into the TT neighborhood for saddle placement. So:

how jackazzed would it be to build my ridely up as a TT rig? zero post, a 120
-17 stem, some dork bars, saddle back on the zero post...not a tri-geek position, but lower than I'd be if I put geek bars on my road bike

this would run about 900 bucks...should I even frickin bother? i could get an amp...a rubber sculpture of obtuse...some nifty black biker shorts...***k....

I've got a whacked TT seat post for you.

William ;)

Fat Robert
11-09-2006, 09:31 AM
I've got a whacked TT seat post for you.

William ;)

i'll call you when i need to fix a clog

saab2000
11-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Get rid of it. Too many bikes pollute the soul.

Sell it for whatever you get and put the cash into a serious set of wheels.

Good wheels are neato and will provide more smiles than a whacked out TT ride.

Just my $02.

Fat Robert
11-09-2006, 09:36 AM
i was thinkin that too...but man..too many wheel options...i'm such a chorus/open pro guy....

saab2000
11-09-2006, 09:44 AM
i was thinkin that too...but man..too many wheel options...i'm such a chorus/open pro guy....

Try a set of eBay Neutrons. If you have patience you should be able to find a good, little used set of Neutrons or Nucleons for around $300 or even less. You will like them. They are durable and feel better than Chorus/Open Pro wheels. I had Record/Open Pros and went to Nucleons and love them.

chrisroph
11-09-2006, 09:58 AM
post some pics and specs and ask if anybody wants to trade for ? It'll generate some banal fun chatter and you just might come across a deal you like.