trebon and make him race in europe.

discuss.

obtuse

fstrthnu
11-08-2006, 09:11 PM

discuss.

obtuse

WHY is Trebon still here? He should ride for Fidea and they should pay him a ton of money and he should only come home for National Championships and his birthday and thats it. He is way too good at CX to stay in the small pond imho.

Fstrthnu

J.Greene
11-08-2006, 09:12 PM

discuss.

obtuse

Since page is mending it would be nice to have someone to follow overthere.

JG

pdxmech13
11-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Only if they give him a smaller bike than he currently rides :D

2 full time pro's in eruo world

Awesome.

atmo
11-08-2006, 09:14 PM
fidea races on challenge tires atmo.
ergo, i worship fidea and their goals
are my goals.

manet
11-08-2006, 09:18 PM
what size are his feet

atmo
11-08-2006, 09:21 PM
twizzlers makes mouths happy atmo

shinomaster
He should race there...on Dugast tires.

fstrthnu
what size are his feet
Not that there's anything wrong with that. I bet you are watching Will and Grace right now aren't you?

*** cares?

Fstrthnu

atmo
He should race there...on Dugast tires.
fidea is committed to finishing with air in the tires atmo.

shinomaster
11-08-2006, 09:24 PM
where is the challenge in that? atmo

zank
11-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Rabobank should sign him. That way, we won't have to get to seeing him in a different color kit. Unless, of course, it is red, white and blue after Dec 16th.

coylifut
11-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey Obtuse, if they did sign him, would they give him some kind of chaperone to drive him around Belgian countryside and set him up proper? From where I sit, the culture shock looks like the hardest part. It's one thing being over there in the middle of the summer, but the heart of winter looks really hard. He's really skinny, he might get cold.

manet
11-08-2006, 09:55 PM
episcoville grinnedNot that there's anything wrong with that. I bet you are watching Will and Grace right now aren't you?

*** cares?

Fstrthnu

shinomaster
11-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Rabobank should sign him. That way, we won't have to get to seeing him in a different color kit. Unless, of course, it is red, white and blue after Dec 16th.

Speaking of those Jerseys, why is the one Todd wells wearing so ugly? It looks like it came from Performance Bike. Katie Compten did it right, hers is turbo cute on her.

zank
11-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Shino, I couldn't agree more. One of the worst renditions of the national champion's kit ever.

stevep
11-09-2006, 05:44 AM
ps. its his choice and he doesnt wanna do it.

also note. it is dramatically different soloing off the front with 1/2 opponents 2 minutes into the race than racing in the mud with 19 guys who are:
1. as fast or
2. faster than you.
i think they would totally school him over there. his longer term goals dont seem to go in that direction. if he did cross the pond and race cross full time it would take at least 1-2 seasons before he would see the front of the race... ala jon page.
that said..he has a great motor for sure. will be tough to wrest the nationals from him as he is going.... but that said... they will have the race and the guy that wins that day is the champ...not the guy who won all the races until then. it would be great to see 6-7 guys in the race after 1 lap instead of 2 giant guys and my petite friend...we need wells, page, powers, etc also in the mix to make it interesting.
i pick johnson to win the nats.
please pour it on. i need the humility.

zank
11-09-2006, 06:53 AM
If Tim wins, will he wear a classic stars and stripes kit next year similar in design to Fred's or George's road kit? If so, I will cheer for him like crazy in PVD.

Fat Robert
11-09-2006, 06:56 AM
he's not ready

he doesn't know how to kick people -- yet

stevep
11-09-2006, 07:01 AM
whos not ready?

he wore a great kit when he won w/ saturn.

zank
11-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Yes, that was a great kit. All of the Saturn national champ kits were very nice.

allezdude
11-09-2006, 01:19 PM
from trebon's blog http://ryantrebon.blog.com/ posted 11/7:

"I figure its good weather to prepare me for Belgium in 2 weeks. I only have 10 more days left at home until I leave and wont be back till mid-feb."

i guess he's going to skip nats? anyway it will be fun to watch how he does. :)

coylifut
11-09-2006, 02:15 PM
when he went two years ago he finished in front of Page in several races and it really seemed to stick in Page's craw. When he went over last year it didn't go well and he left early to attend his grandfathers funeral ultimately missing worlds.

stevep
11-09-2006, 07:43 PM
from trebon's blog http://ryantrebon.blog.com/ posted 11/7:

"I figure its good weather to prepare me for Belgium in 2 weeks. I only have 10 more days left at home until I leave and wont be back till mid-feb."

i guess he's going to skip nats? anyway it will be fun to watch how he does. :)

will be fun to watch. i hope he does well over there.
he will be paid much better if he races over there in a us national champion jersey, however. hope he comes back for that race.

top us world championship finish in elite men:
tim j 13th
mark gullickson 13th
we need to see a guy in the top 10.

Hysbrian
11-10-2006, 07:06 AM
As much as I would love to see Tim J win nats, I think that the jersey would be better off on Ryan's shoulders. Tim has commitments to H'net that means nationals is his last cross race of the season. If Ryan was to win he could really use the jersey to gain a lot of exposure for the US cross season in Europe.

Either way I want to see a race at nationals, and don't count out Powers at all he's my dark horse.