PDA

View Full Version : Well it's been settled...I am retuning home in a week, and with my toy bicycle

shinomaster
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I just got a choice gucci bike box from my local neighborhood genious frame builder. My friend in Boston is turbo excited I am coming back to race before turkey day, he signed me up to race in Plymouth and Lowell. Even my parents are excited...and they want to see a cross race so that's cute too.
HE said the ground is frozen...That sucks is it really? Do I need snow tires? Mittens? Where the Hell is Lowell anyway?

shinomaster
11-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Oops it's in Lowell...atmo...anyone race in Lowell?

Doc Hollywood
11-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Not here in BAAHSTEN. It's supposed to by nice (temp wise) over the next few days (60 ish).

Don't know about next weekend (Plymouth and BRC/Slick Willy Lube (Lowell)cross races), but both courses are cool. BRC/Slick Willy race is very spectator friendly..

Lowell is about 30 minutes north/northwest of Boston about 10 miles from the New Hampshire border.

Doc

zank
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Lowell is a good track. Plymouth is a classic, but the work is that they are changing it up this year.

Lowell is about 30-40 minutes north of Boston. Plymouth is about teh same distane south of Boston.

It is supposed to be 70 tomorrow. :)

I would be ready for 35ish temps as it was this past weekend.

Can't wait to meet you, Shino!

shinomaster
11-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Cool, I'll bring my best behavior!!

shinomaster
11-08-2006, 06:28 PM
I'll be "racing" this...hey don't laugh it's only 19lbs...

fstrthnu
11-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I just got a choice gucci bike box from my local neighborhood genious frame builder. My friend in Boston is turbo excited I am coming back to race before turkey day, he signed me up to race in Plymouth and Lowell. Even my parents are excited...and they want to see a cross race so that's cute too.
HE said the ground is frozen...That sucks is it really? Do I need snow tires? Mittens? Where the Hell is Lowell anyway?

I've spent some time in Lowell, but I wasnt' bike racin' imho... :rolleyes:

Fstrthnu

BumbleBeeDave
11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
What dates are these races? It might just be worth a drive over to Baaaahsten to meet the one and ONLY Shinomaster! :D

BBD

shinomaster
11-08-2006, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=BumbleBeeDave]What dates are these races? It might just be worth a drive over to Baaaahsten to meet the one and ONLY Shinomaster! :D

I think it's the 18/19...so..saturday and sunday. I'm bummed that I can't se ethe UCI race here in town that week, but it will be great to be home for a race or two, and for my mom's cooking..

fstrthnu,

I had jury duty in Lowell once but I didn't go...any relation to your situation? :no:

Doc Hollywood
11-08-2006, 08:21 PM
What dates are these races? It might just be worth a drive over to Baaaahsten to meet the one and ONLY Shinomaster!

Plymouth-Nov 18th
Lowell -Nov 19th

Doc

fstrthnu
11-08-2006, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=BumbleBeeDave]What dates are these races? It might just be worth a drive over to Baaaahsten to meet the one and ONLY Shinomaster! :D

I think it's the 18/19...so..saturday and sunday. I'm bummed that I can't se ethe UCI race here in town that week, but it will be great to be home for a race or two, and for my mom's cooking..

fstrthnu,

I had jury duty in Lowell once but I didn't go...any relation to your situation? :no:

I swear it wasn't me! :)

P.S. I will be at Plymouth to take back my title previously held in 1998.

Fstrthnu

shinomaster
11-08-2006, 08:38 PM
I wish I knew about cross in the late 90's...I had so much more spare time and i was faster I think..

coylifut
11-08-2006, 09:03 PM
hey, your bike has a brake light on it.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

shinomaster
11-08-2006, 09:27 PM
hey, your bike has a brake light on it.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Dude, I rode home in the rain tonight...in the dark. The roads are worse than the race course sunday with all the wet leaves and fallen branches. I thought I was gonna die on Terwilliger tonight.

Then I got a flat.. :crap:

Bruce K
11-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Shino;

The ground is far from forzen here and shouldn't be by the time you get here.

I'll be at Lowell for sure and Plymouth maybe. My son's Drill Team has a meet in Quincy on the same day so I'm trying to arrange to be able to do double duty.

Look for the Serotta Concours and ECV kit in the C race and the blue Zanc sinlge before or after. I don't think I'm brave/stupid enough to try and race it.

Looking forward to meeting you.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
11-08-2006, 09:45 PM
That's a nice looking ride, even WITH the "brake light!" :rolleyes:

How 'bout some celeste green bar tape to match those wild tires? :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

bostondrunk
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
What about the babe?? Is she coming with you?!?!?!

shinomaster
11-09-2006, 11:37 AM
What about the babe?? Is she coming with you?!?!?!

No we might break up again.. :crap:

bostondrunk
11-09-2006, 11:40 AM
No we might break up again.. :crap:

skip MA, stay with the babe.

William
11-09-2006, 11:53 AM
skip MA, stay with the babe.

Well, that went different then I thought it would.

Good on ya BD <HIC>

William

shinomaster
11-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Gotta help my mom.. :)