PDA

View Full Version : So, a PU truck pulls along side of me

mcteague
10-07-2018, 06:30 AM
Think you know where this goes? Out on a ride the other day and, as I start up a hill, a big pick-up truck stays just behind me and slowly pulls along side. Thinking "here we go", expecting to be yelled at for existing, the guy rolls down his window and asks me what light I have on the back of my bike. Says he wants to get one for his daughter. Made me feel good for two reasons. My Cygolite Hotshot must work pretty well, and the thought that all big pick-up trucks are driven my people who hate cyclists was not 100% accurate!

Tim

flydhest
10-07-2018, 06:51 AM
Very nice.

soulspinner
10-07-2018, 07:00 AM
Turned out almost as good as my last encounter with a coyboy caddy. Two young men turned in front of me on purpose laughing at me. A police officer happened to be at the side of the road out of his car. :)

oldpotatoe
10-07-2018, 07:14 AM
YUp, sometimes...riding on a road with minimal shoulder..Porsche traffic passes on other side(2 lane) and dusts me off(going head to head! exciting)..I flip him the bird...next thing I know, he's next to me, here we go..BUT, rolls down window and apologizes...nice car too. :)

Cyzemup
10-07-2018, 08:17 AM
I tend to not even look. Makes me nervous anytime a large car pulls up next to me on the road.

pjbaz
10-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Just yesterday had an interaction

Guy decided to bang a U-ey as I was rolling along and while we had room I wasn't sure if he saw me so I gave him a verbal "hey, hey" and made my way to the next light. He pulled up and apologized ... even though he really didn't do anything I wouldn't do. I appreciated that.

Jef58
10-07-2018, 12:08 PM
I live on the beach and do a good amount of riding on the main beach road. Nice road with bike lanes and monitored speed. There are a good amount of super duty type trucks on the road and 99% are good. There is always that 1% or a young yo yo that will do a big puff of black diesel exhaust at riders. It's happened to me a few times. I worry more about the guys in the jacked sport trucks like Raptors, etc. They are usually pretty aggressive on the road.