PDA

View Full Version : Is there a forum similar to Paceline for mountain and fat bikes?

tlarwa
10-02-2018, 05:54 AM
As a roadie, this forum has been invaluable for advice and for finding bikes and equipment. I’m moving onto fat bikes, and would love a similar resource, as Paceline is definitely skewed towards road and gravel cycling. Don’t get me wrong, I love that it is! Anything out there other than Pinkbike and the FB market groups?

HenryA
10-02-2018, 06:59 AM
There’s this -
http://forums.mtbr.com/forum.php

But not really equivalent to here.

There are some pretty knowledgable MTB folks here, I’d ask away (and do).

BikeNY
10-02-2018, 07:21 AM
Those MTBR forums are the best I know of. There are lots of different forums there though, so be sure to post in the right one. People can be a little snarky there! I've been a member there for almost 15 years and it's not what it used to be. There are still lots of very knowledgeable folks there, but also a fair number of trolls and snarky comments. And, as HenryA said, there seem to be a fair number of people here who are also very knowledgeable in MTB related stuff.

William
10-02-2018, 07:24 AM
There’s this -

There are some pretty knowledgable MTB folks here, I’d ask away (and do).

Agreed. Just ask and I bet you'll get some good replies.

William

Jaybee
10-02-2018, 09:26 AM
I belong to both pinkbike and mtbr, though I rarely post there. I think they have at least 10x the regular user base that paceline does. There are some really good resources in those spots, but the signal/noise ratio is high. You may not get the volume of information here or ATH, but the quality is almost certain to be higher. If you do visit mtbr, I echo the thought that posting in the right forum is critical. The Fat Bike subforum is still pretty alright.

I don't belong to nsmb (BC based) or singletracks (UK based), but I've found info there as well.

RC.
10-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Midnight Ridazz?

p nut
10-03-2018, 09:43 AM
v-salon has a MTB section. I wouldn't mind something similar here. Just a thought.

MTBR/PB/BF/etc doesn't hold a candle to PL.

andeww
10-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Midnight Ridazz?

Rc you bored buddy? coming in hott with the trolling last couple days. :hello: