PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Shimano Brake Cables?

GregL
10-01-2018, 09:13 PM
I'm starting to plan winter overhauls for my road bikes. Looking for recommendations for cables and housing for Dura Ace 9000 and Ultegra 6800 brakes. I've used the OEM Shimano polymer brake cables to date, but am open to other options. This will be for "standard" bike frames with external cable routing.

Thanks,
Greg

peanutgallery
10-02-2018, 06:45 AM
Get the shimano out before the coatings peel off

Jagwire pro stainless and polished kitsch for brake and shift. Has the little stepdowns that will fit into your shimano calipers and compressionless housing and super polished cables. Pricey but the gold standard. Don't get sucked into segmented etc.

oldpotatoe
10-02-2018, 07:00 AM
Get the shimano out before the coatings peel off

Jagwire pro stainless and polished kitsch for brake and shift. Has the little stepdowns that will fit into your shimano calipers and compressionless housing and super polished cables. Pricey but the gold standard. Don't get sucked into segmented etc.

What he said...both...all three:)

shortwaveradio
10-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Agreed with everything said so far. Shimano improved the coated stuff, but it's still coated, and it can still clog your housing. It shifts wonderfully until it all of a sudden doesn't. Jagwire polished stuff is better to begin with and doesn't gum up.