PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Rapha customer service story

floxy1
10-01-2018, 08:33 PM
A family member was looking to get me a Rapha gift voucher for an upcoming birthday (they know I’m too frugal for most of their stuff). It appears Rapha no longer does vouchers so she calls customer service. They confirm no more gift vouchers but after some friendly discussion the rep says ‘you seem like a nice lady, let me send you a $250 code for him to use.’ He includes his name and phone number in case there are any issues. Code worked and the Pro Team II bibs are by far the nicest I’ve ever worn. Not sure the back story here but worth sharing.

joosttx
10-01-2018, 08:42 PM
I bet the next CS team meeting at Rapha is going to be entertaining

bitpuddle
10-01-2018, 10:52 PM
I like the Classic bibs more than the pro team. The material is luxurious.

fa63
10-02-2018, 02:01 AM
Not sure if that is great customer service, or sales rep gone rogue. And maybe that is why they are struggling financially :-)

Either way, good for you! I have a pair of their Core bibs and they are the most comfortable I have ever worn.

Peter P.
10-02-2018, 04:54 AM
I had something similar happen.

I was doing my weekly duties in Hubbard Park (see the link in my signature) and ran into a couple that didn't know the trails. I interrupted my normal weekly duties and became their personal guide.

Turns out the guy works for the clothing division of Cannondale. He later sent me a code to get the industry discount on their clothing, through their on-line sales portal.

marciero
10-02-2018, 05:24 AM
Apparently the sales reps have some autonomy. I emailed them to see if they could refund 10% of my payment on an order when I forgot to use a discount code and they responded that "we dont do this retroactively but will make an exception in your case..."
They also sent me a refund on a return before I had even shipped it. Pretty sure that was an error though as there was some weirdness with the online processing about which I also emailed.

oldpotatoe
10-02-2018, 07:03 AM
I bet the next CS team meeting at Rapha is going to be entertaining

Doubt it..online/phone reps have a good amount of latitude and in spite of what some 'say' about Rapha, they have really, really good customer service.

More than a few bike stuff companies could learn a thing or 2 about good CS from Rapha.

happycampyer
10-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Doubt it..online/phone reps have a good amount of latitude and in spite of what some 'say' about Rapha, they have really, really good customer service.

More than a few bike stuff companies could learn a thing or 2 about good CS from Rapha.And not just bike stuff companies...

R3awak3n
10-02-2018, 07:14 AM
that is that, Rapha CS is the best in the business and not just bike business. They have always been great. Actually reminds me I need to send my bibs for repair and I am sure it will be a breeze to do.

velofinds
10-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Sub'd to see how many pages this thread gets to. 4? 5?

sparky33
10-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Impressive work Peter!

I was doing my weekly duties in Hubbard Park (see the link in my signature)
http://hubbardpark.blogspot.com/