PDA

View Full Version : shout out for garmin Fenix watch

jimcav
09-29-2018, 03:17 PM
So my quest for a mech. watch was usurped by a surprise tomtom gps watch for my b-day. sadly, it was a piece of junk--spent way too much time trying to make it work. luckily it was an REI outlet purchase so i returned it to my local store and go totally upsold on a garmin fenix 5 paired to bone conducting headphones. I haven't even explored all the capability but i really enjoy the music and GPS on my trail runs, seeing my sleep pattern and heart rate, and being able to hear music AND rattlesnakes on my run. In case anyone was considering one, I really like it.

yakstone
10-02-2018, 10:58 AM
I second the Fenix 5. Been really happy with mine. Lots of capability that I have not yet tapped into.

AngryScientist
10-02-2018, 11:01 AM
I like the smaller version as it fits my small wrists better.

Only issue for me is battery life. I’m on the road a lot and don’t want to worry about charging my watch. If they can manage to put one of these same watches together in the near future with solar charging: game changer for me.

oldguy00
10-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Music on the Fenix 5 - is it just a simple drag and drop from computer to watch, or is is something proprietary like itunes?

BikeNY
10-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Just wanted to chime in so there's no confusion. The Garmin Fenix 5 does not have music play back capability, that is only available on the Fenix 5 Plus.

Gummee
10-02-2018, 02:41 PM
I have a Fenix 3. Works really well with my Pioneer and so-so with my Stages

Bought it for CX season so I don't have to worry about taking the thing with me if/when I have to change bikes

M

earlfoss
10-02-2018, 06:12 PM
I'm a big fan of my Fenix 5x. I love that it can handle all of the activities I do, and it's been problem-free for a year. It just works.

I especially recommend them to my coaching clients for the optical HR sensor. That feature is very handy for tracking resting HR. Way easier and more accurate than trying to measure it at a single time point after you wake up in the morning.