PDA

View Full Version : Way OT- REI question

sjbraun
09-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Does REI have a Columbus Day sale? My wife is looking for some new hiking shoes and a 20% discount would be appreciated.

phoenix
09-24-2018, 11:10 PM
I don’t believe they have a Columbus Day sale. If you’re a member you would get your 10% dividend though.

sooshi
09-24-2018, 11:14 PM
Does REI have a Columbus Day sale? My wife is looking for some new hiking shoes and a 20% discount would be appreciated.

Not sure if you use The Clymb or SteepandCheap websites but saw some really good deals on Salewa hiking boots/shoes.

Not that my testimony may be worth much but, I lived in Alaska for a bit and took part in several fly-in, multi-day backcountry hunts in some pretty gnarly terrain and my Salewa's are by far the most durable and most comfortable boots I have ever worn.

Not sure that helps

weisan
09-25-2018, 12:11 AM
check out sierratradingpost, sometimes they have good deals on hiking shoes especially for women.

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/womens-hiking-shoes~d~567/

CunegoFan
09-25-2018, 01:09 AM
This is REI. They won't be celebrating Whitey discovering America. They probably have a Little Big Horn sale. Maybe a Benedict Arnold birthday sale.

charliedid
09-25-2018, 06:56 AM

A what?

djg
09-25-2018, 07:34 AM

You might have her check the REI outlet web site too. They often have good discounts on last year's color for models that haven't changed in any fundamental respect -- so you can try something on, order it from the same business, get free shipping to your local REI store, and still get REI service and return policies (and you are giving your business to the firm that gives you the information/service you need). If you are (or she is) a member, they'll periodically email you discount coupons that apply to the outlet.

This is how we acquired my son's Osprey backpack for a 12-day scout trek last year -- fitting at REI, purchase via REI's own web site at a 20 percent discount on top of a 30-ish (don't recall exactly) percent discount, and then REI showed him how to adjust the pack on arrival.

Ozz
09-25-2018, 08:01 AM

probably not....you might check for an Indigenous Peoples Day sale though....:cool:

Seriously though, members get a "20% off any full price item" coupon twice a year...usually before Xmas and Memorial Day, IIRC

They also just wrapped up their "Garage Sale" last weekend which is where you can find deals on returns and such....

Ken Robb
09-25-2018, 11:24 AM
For me buying at an REI store is very important because I can try on different shoe/boot models and sizes and walk around as long as I like including up and down their little "test hill". If after all this indoor testing I find that they aren't perfect in the real world I can still return the boots in a reasonable time and try a different boot.