PDA

View Full Version : Artistic Cycling Contacts?

bmeryman
09-23-2018, 08:16 PM
Does anyone here have any contacts in the artistic cycling community? Or know anyone who knows someone? I don't anticipate ever competing, but a couple friends and I are curious to try it and I'm trying to track down a used bike or two. Or at least a geometry chart so I can build a frame; they're super crazy looking bikes.

I've been having a heck of a time trying to track down anything at all in North America.

Thanks!

charliedid
09-23-2018, 08:18 PM
You have a link? Never heard of it...

bmeryman
09-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Here's a link for the 2016 UCI world champs (just the first video that popped up for me): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXQskfi6j1s

It's totally a niche within a niche within a niche, but it looks like fun. Kind of like flatland crossed with gymnastics.

charliedid
09-23-2018, 08:33 PM
Here's a link for the 2016 UCI world champs (just the first video that popped up for me): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXQskfi6j1s

It's totally a niche within a niche within a niche, but it looks like fun. Kind of like flatland crossed with gymnastics.

Ah yes, I've seen that incredible video. That looks impossible!

More power to you!

bironi
09-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Been around for years.

93KgBike
09-23-2018, 08:39 PM
It's actually a sponsored sport in Europe and Asia.

If you like that, check out radball. Similar skills and frames, but more like bike soccer.

bmeryman
09-23-2018, 08:44 PM
Oh, totally. Radball is super cool. I've been kind of following both radball and artistic cycling on and off for a while, but now that I've got a couple gymnast friends we're hoping to learn a bit ourselves. It's crazy to me how difficult it is to find anything in the way of resources here in the US. I've got the UCI rulebook, but that's it so far. I'd love to track down a used bike if possible.

dustyrider
09-23-2018, 08:48 PM
There must be stuff on the gram. Seattle always had a bunch of these amazing peeps whenever I went through in the past 2005-13. I got hooked on bike polo for awhile thanks to my travels through Seattle too!