PDA

View Full Version : will you all help me?

swoop
11-06-2006, 08:00 PM
i am going to have the pleasure of racing the exact bike i want to be on next year. i'll be on a seven elium race and i am very excited about it. i'll either be in seven colors, the shop colors, or the colors of a tv show called criminal minds and need your help regarding paint suggestions.

i like the industrial look of the bike.. to me that is sexy as heck.... but i could do well to flash it up. here's my ideas.. but i want yours too.

if i go criminal minds i was thinking about doing the fork painted like those pinarellos.. a ferrari vibrant red fork with white graphics.

if i go seven kit... i was thinking about a really candy version of their tiffany blueish color on the fork.. leaving the frame plain with white logos..

and if it's the shop.. same thing but ferrari yellow.

.. ok so my ideas are limited. anyone with a good eye nd some photoshop skilz?

atmo
11-06-2006, 08:06 PM
SEVEN

Grant McLean
11-06-2006, 08:07 PM
ELEVEN

:)

g

manet
11-06-2006, 08:10 PM
SVEN

fstrthnu
11-06-2006, 08:11 PM
:)

g

ouch

shinomaster
11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Wrap it with yellow police crime scene tape..

BumbleBeeDave
11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
How "creative" or bold do you want to be? it seems all your suggestions involve only the fork. Does that mean you have limited influence on the rest of the frame, or that you just want to leave it "industrial" looking because you like that look?

What kind of show is "Criminal Minds?" It seem there could be all sorts of law enforcement oriented visual cues you could use to go with a name like that. Some would be "police" look while others could be more criminal mindish in nature--skulls, tattoos, etc.. But I hesitate to go farther without knowing more about the show. I don't watch much TV . . .

If you're riding in Seven colors . . . I'm seeing in my mind myriad little "7" numerals all over the frame. The Riddler on the old "Batman" TV series had a green suit with question marks all over it. That sort of thing. Or you could possible have what looks like a fade or panel paint job from a distance, but when you get way up close you see the darker colors are actually just looking that way--sort of a screenprinting effect with little number 7's instead of round dots.

As for the shop colors . . . That would really depend on what preferences the shop owner has, since you are, after all, going to be representing his shop. But again, I'm seeing subtle visual cues that would cue into your shop preference without spoiling the industrial look of the bike that you prefer. Faint printing of the shop's name, gears, bolts, or other bike shop related visual cues on the frame. and would your team kit have the shops name displayed fairly boldly? That would free you up to do a little more unusual stuff with the frame, because you legitimately argue that your kit already gets his name out there.

No matter which sponsor you have, I'm seeing small, seemingly subtle cues that draw the viewer into the details as they get closer, yet still create an overall effect that will be legible as you speed by in a crit. Something that will get the idea across without disrupting that industrial look.

BBD

swoop
11-06-2006, 09:01 PM
not a theme bike. the shows logo is red and black. i wanna keep it simple .. just a little eye candy. i am a minimalist reductionist dude.

thinking

sven

atmo
11-06-2006, 09:05 PM
SeVEN

Ginger
11-06-2006, 09:13 PM
No. We can't help you.

but if you get two of those ya got fourteen.

Outside of that...I like leaving the bike black and white as it is with the one colored letter.
Perhaps a red S.

mike p
11-06-2006, 10:50 PM
"same thing but ferrari yellow"

There is no ferrari yellow, Enzo says to be a ferrari it must have twelve cylinders and be blood red!

Mike

swoop
11-06-2006, 11:53 PM
hi enzo. this is earth. geuss what we did?

swoop
11-06-2006, 11:56 PM
i'm thinking all the ti in white.. the carbon as is and the fork in very orange red. candy like. black outline logos.

c'mon. i know there are some designers out there.

stevep
11-07-2006, 06:00 AM
not a theme bike. the shows logo is red and black. i wanna keep it simple .. just a little eye candy. i am a minimalist reductionist dude.

thinking

sven

if you are a good minimalist reductionist...you should get a smaller frame i thk.

William
11-07-2006, 06:00 AM
Cobalt blue & white graphics.

Orange & Powder blue (GT-40 Style)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8139/aap91720b.jpg
http://12emodels.free.fr/2-guides/web/w09-ford_gt40/gulf.jpg
http://www.motorsport-and-more.com/assets/images/Wat_500_Ford_GT_40_Gulf_Le_Mans_Sieg_1969_Ickx.jpg
One more.... (http://www.ferrarihaven.com/65%20Ford%20GT40%20MKI%20Gulf%20RF.JPG)

William

Who is the real Chimeric twin?
:banana: http://degiorgi.math.hr/forum/images/smiles/mrbanana.gif

manet
11-07-2006, 07:33 AM
Cobalt blue & white graphics.

Orange & Powder blue (GT-40 Style)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8139/aap91720b.jpg
http://12emodels.free.fr/2-guides/web/w09-ford_gt40/gulf.jpg
http://www.motorsport-and-more.com/assets/images/Wat_500_Ford_GT_40_Gulf_Le_Mans_Sieg_1969_Ickx.jpg
One more.... (http://www.ferrarihaven.com/65%20Ford%20GT40%20MKI%20Gulf%20RF.JPG)

William

Who is the real Chimeric twin?
:banana: http://degiorgi.math.hr/forum/images/smiles/mrbanana.gif

i was up in fancy pants territory not to long ago,
installing stuff for a VERY high end car restorer dude.
when i axed about GTs ... ever do? ever have?... he responded, " nah,
i'm not into mustangs."

manet
11-07-2006, 07:38 AM
i'm thinking all the ti in white.. the carbon as is and the fork in very orange red. candy like. black outline logos.

c'mon. i know there are some designers out there.

swoopster _ TK has sprayed some pretty sexy, very glossy, pearl white
rigs. swoopy black edges (shorelines to popeye) help to work it deeper.

atmo
11-07-2006, 08:03 AM
(shorelines to popeye)
the stony pony rules atmo.
asbury park forever.

catulle
11-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Fork graphics...

chrisroph
11-07-2006, 09:27 AM
bet it doesn't break.

Archibald
11-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Lucky Number Slevin...just to stick with the violence theme on the forum lately.

:banana:

davids
11-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I used Serotta's "paint your bike" tool to make each of the schemes swoop proposed. The "vivid fork" thing doesn't do it for me, although I do sort like the off-white Ti/red-orange fork thing.

Maybe if your saddle and/or tape matched the fork, it would pull the look together? Without that, it looks like you stole the fork, atmo.

Ginger
11-07-2006, 10:27 AM
leave the ti and carbon bare, paint the fork and one letter on the down tube bright, match the saddle and tape to the fork.

Serotta PETE
11-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Why did you pick SEVEN instead of a Serotta to race on? :)

i am going to have the pleasure of racing the exact bike i want to be on next year. i'll be on a seven elium race and i am very excited about it. i'll either be in seven colors, the shop colors, or the colors of a tv show called criminal minds and need your help regarding paint suggestions.

i like the industrial look of the bike.. to me that is sexy as heck.... but i could do well to flash it up. here's my ideas.. but i want yours too.

if i go criminal minds i was thinking about doing the fork painted like those pinarellos.. a ferrari vibrant red fork with white graphics.

if i go seven kit... i was thinking about a really candy version of their tiffany blueish color on the fork.. leaving the frame plain with white logos..

and if it's the shop.. same thing but ferrari yellow.

.. ok so my ideas are limited. anyone with a good eye nd some photoshop skilz?

Climb01742
11-07-2006, 10:52 AM
swoop, i'm curious...how did you decide on this seven model? why carbon/ti vs straight ti? no judgements; just curious. i know you have a seven now that you dig in the extremis. merci.

cpg
11-07-2006, 11:00 AM
I say paint the whole thing red. Not some namby pamby orangish red. Paint it blood red. All of it. Black components. No reason to tout the whole mixed material schtick. All red. Sexy yet somehow understated. I'm just sayin'

Curt

swoop
11-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Why did you pick SEVEN instead of a Serotta to race on? :)

I'm riding for them. Helping them raise their profile out here... because of my extreme sexiness.

swoop
11-07-2006, 01:09 PM
swoop, i'm curious...how did you decide on this seven model? why carbon/ti vs straight ti? no judgements; just curious. i know you have a seven now that you dig in the extremis. merci.

i want this bike to be hella stiff and a little flexi at the same time. it's all about conrering and sprinting. i think this combo will get me there...

swoop
11-07-2006, 01:13 PM
thanks david. i was thinking as this for a starting point. i might swap the red for a very candy plasticy looking version of seven's green or lighter blue from what i think will be the kit. (its all a work i progress). do you know how lucky i am to be able to actually ride a bike of my choosing? i am not worthy!

Serotta PETE
11-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm riding for them. Helping them raise their profile out here... because of my extreme sexiness.

That is a better reason than ever to ride and help SEROTTA> After all Ben has SANDY and ME to overcome :argue:

Sandy
11-07-2006, 02:07 PM
That is a better reason than ever to ride and help SEROTTA> After all Ben has SANDY and ME to overcome :argue:

I don't undertand! Speak for yourself! :rolleyes: :)

:banana: Suave Supremely Sexy Scintillating Seductive Super Sensuous Supersonic Speedster Serotta Sandy :banana:

davids
11-07-2006, 02:07 PM
swoop,

You could do the fork in blue, and get a Celeste Arione and Celeste Fizik bartape.

Keith A
11-07-2006, 02:39 PM
swoop -- when you finally narrow down your colors, let me know and I can photochop something up for you so you can see what it might look like.

swoop
11-07-2006, 02:43 PM
swoop,

You could do the fork in blue, and get a Celeste Arione and Celeste Fizik bartape.

how's this: fork in that color. on the head tube/lower ti triangle make it white with black lettering. raw carbon, raw ti on seat cluster and chain stay (it's a little lighter than the grey in the mock up).
white seven logo vertical on seat tube, and white on fork. white saddle, white tape. blk king headset.

Serotta PETE
11-07-2006, 02:52 PM
HOW ABOUT THIS FOR A BETTER PRESENTATION .....

how's this: fork in that color. on the head tube/lower ti triangle make it white with black lettering. raw carbon, raw ti on seat cluster and chain stay (it's a little lighter than the grey in the mock up).
white SEROTTA logo vertical on seat tube, :banana: :banana: and white on fork. white saddle, white tape. blk king headset (AND SIGNED BY PETE AND SANDY ;) .

Kevan
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
check out Clutchcargo's rig (I hope he doesn't mind.). Red and seven sing. I prefer their old logo personally.

davids
11-07-2006, 03:57 PM
white seven logo vertical on seat tube, and white on fork. white saddle, white tape. blk king headset.
yessir!

manet
11-07-2006, 04:34 PM
yessir!

aye. plus:

swoop
11-08-2006, 12:02 AM
yessir!

hmmmmmmmmm. thanks david. this helps tons as a starting point. i do appreciate it. thinking out loud: there's a pic of the diamas in this month's velonews interbike coverage. it's white with what seven calls granny smith green. it's the same green punched up from their kit. i'll try and photoshop something.. i just don't have it on this computer.... gimme time.

but yeah... with logos in the right spots... i'll try and put it onto a real elium. any photshop studs out there pm me!

Ginger
11-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Hmmm...so I take it back about the blue letter on ti...

http://www.hupunited.com/images/zacdecal_big.jpg

Jack Brunk
11-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Noel,

Here you go.

Jack

Serpico
11-08-2006, 01:26 AM
I say paint the whole thing red. Not some namby pamby orangish red. Paint it blood red. All of it. Black components. No reason to tout the whole mixed material schtick. All red. Sexy yet somehow understated. I'm just sayin'

Curt

:beer:

exactly, why do people with ottrott type frames always insist on playing up the "multi-material" aspect

I'd love to see an ottrott, or a similar seven frame, painted in one solid color

swoop
11-08-2006, 01:42 AM
mixed with a little of this:

Serotta PETE
11-08-2006, 04:16 AM
mixed with a little of this:

Nice......can I try it when we are in SOLVANG>>>>> Tom will furnish the red after the ride and I will furnish the Glasses.....

I am going to have you all design the paint theme my next frame.

..SPOKES wants to do it but they ran out of his "special" colours in SARATOGA>

swoop
11-09-2006, 10:55 AM
thanks to keith's mad photshop skills i think we have a bike i like. or at least a great starting point.
chime in.

Keith A
11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Swoop -- I posted all of them (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=22911)

davids
11-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Swoop -- I posted all of them (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=22911)
...showing me up... :beer: