PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...

Johnnysmooth
09-21-2018, 05:33 PM
After a complete stripe down, repaint and build-up my '96 DeRosa Primato is back in action and I just cannot believe what a sweet ride she is. Now my other bikes are certainly no slouches (Look 595 and Colnago C60) but simply wow, a fine steel frame just has something special that is hard to describe.

Now is this perception truly real, or is it just me being happy to have my old trusty stead back in the line-up?

Anyone else have similar experience?

weisan
09-21-2018, 05:40 PM
nope. you are not alone.

OtayBW
09-21-2018, 06:35 PM
After a complete stripe down, repaint and build-up my '96 DeRosa Primato is back in action and I just cannot believe what a sweet ride she is. Now my other bikes are certainly no slouches (Look 595 and Colnago C60) but simply wow, a fine steel frame just has something special that is hard to describe.

Now is this perception truly real, or is it just me being happy to have my old trusty stead back in the line-up?

Anyone else have similar experience?
Yep - I have a ~91. Outstanding handling and ride. :hello:

zmudshark
09-21-2018, 07:06 PM
Hard to beat a De Rosa Primato.

jamesdak
09-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Sold my C.F bikes and my custom Ti over the past couple of years. I ride and totally enjoy nothing but steel now days. And yes, one of those is a wonderful TSX tubed De Rosa with Campagnolo Chorus.

http://www.pbase.com/jhuddle/image/164703911.jpg

Steel is Real! :banana::banana:

VoyTirando
09-21-2018, 08:01 PM
I had the same experience with my SLX Pinarello Montello (1990/91?). Repainted and paired with a modern group and especially modern wheels and cockpit, it beats the snot out o the ti and other bikes. Amazing on long rides, quick enough to be fun in a sprint too.