PDA

View Full Version : D2r2

Bittersweet
11-06-2006, 02:40 PM
The attached link is a good photo album of the 100k ride. Ginger is in picture #25. I don't know the photographer or recognize anyone else.

http://beauty.nagog.smasher.net:81/gallery/d2r2-2006

manet
11-06-2006, 06:23 PM
thanks!

Cary Ford
11-06-2006, 07:03 PM
That looks like a blast. The dude on the fixie in the pith helmet rocks!

Kevan
11-07-2006, 04:53 PM
all for this ride next year. What a blast!

Mikemets, we need to rent gorilla suits.

Serotta PETE
11-07-2006, 06:48 PM
WOuld love to do it next year.....Ginger will you do it with me and TOM???

Ginger
11-07-2006, 07:40 PM
I'll certainly be there! Weisan is joining us too!

I'm thinking of doing the 100 miler though...It is SUCH a wonderful ride. So much fun! BRING your mountain gearing...maybe your mountain bike...not that you can't climb it on other stuff...but I would have been a bit happier with a few more choices...

Kevan
11-07-2006, 10:43 PM
the internet looking for more pictures of the event in addition to these and those that Manet or Too Talll had done way back when. Anyone know where we can feed the itch?

cycleman_21
11-08-2006, 05:59 AM
the internet looking for more pictures of the event in addition to these and those that Manet or Too Talll had done way back when. Anyone know where we can feed the itch?

try this
http://www.maxp.net/bike/randonneuring/d2r2-05/

RC

Kevan
11-08-2006, 07:47 AM
There's a photo in there of Bob Powers, a guy I had first met several years ago on an annual benefit ride I do. He was the first guy that mentioned this event to me and he is a remarkable cyclist.

Skrawny
11-08-2006, 09:29 AM
I love looking at ride pictures, even though I only virtually know you guys...

I think it helps satiate my cycling side when I am at work before the sun rises and there until after it sets.

Thanks for the manna. :beer:

-s

BHL
11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm the taller one 'guarding the fuse box' in the fisrt link. I was getting an education from a veteran of long rides. He told me about long-distance motocross races he used to do and for those rides he invented a cool spinning cue sheet holder. At the beginning of the ride I just thought it was kind of cool, but by the 20th time I took the cue sheet out of my back pocket I realized how cool it really was.

Especially after our 4th wrong turn which took us from one of the high points in the ride down to the valley (almost 1000 ft drop). Our only real choice was to hump it back up the hill. I definately need more experience reading cue sheets...This coming year I hope to do as many of the berkshire brevet series rides as I can get through.

I did the ride on my stealth CIII (no visible markings on midnight blue) with a 39/52 and a 25 on the back. Mostly this meant I had to go up the hills pretty fast. My LBS had promised a 30 for the back, but didn't come through. I've got a 29 on there now for next year and for other local dirt rides before that.

If anyone would like to do either the shorter or longer version of the D2R2 ride before the official ride, I'd be happy to organize it. I live about 10 mi from the start and could deal with some logistics. Regardless, I can't wait to do the ride next year.

Ben