PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale frame from ebay

stephan-d
09-19-2018, 12:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I plan to do an upgrade from Chinese made non branded frame to Supersix Evo build.
In my research I found a very good deal of a frameset (frame, fork and Headset) on ebay for about 1K.
It is so much better price than a used frame that I can find locally.

Sellers location is in Taiwan and got long history of transaction.

My question is this a legit Supersix Evo?
Can anyone help me to verify please ?

is it ok to share the hyperlink here to verify?

Lanternrouge
09-19-2018, 12:45 AM
You can get the serial number and check with Cannondale.

stephan-d
09-19-2018, 12:59 AM
You can get the serial number and check with Cannondale.

good suggestion, thanks
let me ask the seller

By the way is viewing from the picture will help to justify weather the frame is legit, not copy/replica ?

RoadWhale
09-19-2018, 01:17 AM
You can post a link to the listing if you like.

stephan-d
09-19-2018, 03:01 AM
here is the listing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondale-Supersix-evo-Frame-and-Fork-Size-56-cm-Brand-new-frameset-white-/192661538234?hash=item2cdb85c5ba

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondale-Supersix-evo-Frame-and-Fork-Size-56-cm-Brand-new-frameset-/192661538181?hash=item2cdb85c585

peanutgallery
09-19-2018, 05:56 AM
Di2 only and one has to wonder how and why its OEM new and not on a sales floor with a parts kit on it? Things are tight on the supplier end, forecast correct or you get fired these days. Not a lot of random product floating around. It's either broken, blemished or a test of production frame. Dubious

oldpotatoe
09-19-2018, 07:16 AM
Di2 only and one has to wonder how and why its OEM new and not on a sales floor with a parts kit on it? Things are tight on the supplier end, forecast correct or you get fired these days. Not a lot of random product floating around. It's either broken, blemished or a test of production frame. Dubious

I would have to agree. 'Some' resellers of bogus stuff have begun to realize that offering their stuff for too low a price will scream, 'fake', so they offer for way low but more reasonable $..I'd be skeptical..
Miwa's Shed is comprised of a number of individuals who have worked in the bike industry for

many years and built up some great relationships with brands and suppliers. If you have any concerns please contact us Directly. Some of the items we sell are 'OEM' this means it was supplied to the factory without packing to be assembled on bicycles.

Sounds like it's coming out the 'back door', for whatever reason..blem, ding is what I'd suspect.

RobJ
09-19-2018, 11:09 AM
I could be wrong but I do not recall Cannondale being offered in a Di2 only format. Typically if it was Di2 it was also mechanical.

I just picked up a new 2018 Evo frameset on eBay from a Cannondale dealer for not much more than this one. I'd save some possible headache and keep looking.

*Edit* - I just looked on eBay and see this seller has multiple Cannondale frames for sale. That seems even shadier to me personally...

yinzerniner
09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone,

I plan to do an upgrade from Chinese made non branded frame to Supersix Evo build.
In my research I found a very good deal of a frameset (frame, fork and Headset) on ebay for about 1K.
It is so much better price than a used frame that I can find locally.

Sellers location is in Taiwan and got long history of transaction.

My question is this a legit Supersix Evo?
Can anyone help me to verify please ?

is it ok to share the hyperlink here to verify?

Those are the older design frames ie pre-2016 or 2017, and even brand new the asking price is too high.

In the UK you can get much better deals than that from an LBS if you ask around for their old stock Cannondale bikes.

Hard pass.

shoota
09-19-2018, 12:37 PM
I could be wrong but I do not recall Cannondale being offered in a Di2 only format. Typically if it was Di2 it was also mechanical.

I just picked up a new 2018 Evo frameset on eBay from a Cannondale dealer for not much more than this one. I'd save some possible headache and keep looking.

*Edit* - I just looked on eBay and see this seller has multiple Cannondale frames for sale. That seems even shadier to me personally...

They had Di2 only frames, but I've never seen one in the team colorway, only the baby blue accented SuperSix.

nmrt
09-19-2018, 01:01 PM
+1
Not currently but C'dale definitely had Di2 only frames.
But hard to say whether it is a fake or not just by looking at the pics.

They had Di2 only frames, but I've never seen one in the team colorway, only the baby blue accented SuperSix.

stephan-d
09-21-2018, 02:09 AM
and thank you all for the respond.
I think i will pass this since the originality wasnt convincing

In the UK you can get much better deals than that from an LBS if you ask around for their old stock Cannondale bikes.

Hard pass.

Oh wow! this is exactly what i need.
hope i can get help since I'm located in the Eastern part of the world.
I dont mind to pay the shipping

r_mutt
09-21-2018, 07:17 AM
yes- that is a 2012 or 2013 model if it's actually a real one. pass

bikesickness
09-21-2018, 09:06 AM
For what it is worth, I bought an EVO back around 2013 that was DI2 only and the color schemes in both eBay auctions were two of the three I had to pick from. Not saying they are legit without seeing the serial numbers but both colorways were available around 2013 and were DI2 only. That being said they were sold as complete builds with a 6750 Ultegra gruppo and not available as a frameset only.

azrider
09-21-2018, 10:56 AM
What's that saying about "if it sounds too good to be true....."

:rolleyes:

yinzerniner
09-21-2018, 11:50 AM
What's that saying about "if it sounds too good to be true....."

:rolleyes:

Thing is, this ISN'T "too good to be true."

The frame's in question are at least 4-5 years old, and electronic only. The Supersix had a big design change in the 2016/2017 years, so even though they might be new old stock, you're getting a generation old frame that has limited groupset options for ~$900. That's a crap deal any way you cut it!

Now, unless you LOVE the colorway, the geometry or have some emotional attachment to that particular frame maybe it's something to consider, but even then you'd be better off trying to find a similar frames at a similar price from an LBS, who would also be able to provide a warranty. Or even better yet, a newer bike /frame at the same price with a warranty!

The OP being in the far east muddies things up a bit, but I'm sure they could go a similar route of just contacting local LBS's and asking around. Personal legwork instead of asking for internet help from a bunch of strangers is always a better route.

stephan-d
09-24-2018, 04:10 AM
well noted everyone,
Wish i can find a real good deal soon