PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Rail Saddle Mounting Problem

YesNdeed
09-17-2018, 10:19 PM
:help:
I'm trying to mount a carbon railed Selle San Marco Aspide saddle with oval shaped rails measuring 7x10mm, to a Ritchey Stubby integrated seat mast topper. The original Ritchey design accommodates round rail saddles @ 7mm, not permitting oval shapes. However, they have a solution for some oval rails.

I have already ordered a their carbon rail Fizik kit which fits a 7x9.6mm rail. Close enough, I hope. Worth a try for <$20.

KCNC makes a kit I'm curious about https://fairwheelbikes.com/kcnc-carbon-rail-seatpost-adapter/. Specialized makes an option too, but with these it seems I have to match cradle radii. As a former precision, spherical optics builder, this is a next to impossible match in my mind. Worth a trip to my Specialized LBS but...

Does anyone have knowledge with any of this?

simonov
09-20-2018, 05:33 PM
I think the Fizik kit should work. It's worked for me on Prologo carbon rails and oval titanium rails that Selle Italia used on some models.

YesNdeed
09-21-2018, 10:45 PM
I think the Fizik kit should work. It's worked for me on Prologo carbon rails and oval titanium rails that Selle Italia used on some models.

The parts arrived today, and it's a perfect fit! Gotta love it when the cheapest solution works so well. I thought the connection might, at least, pinch the rails since they're slightly larger, but there was no "convincing" required. Nice and flush!