PDA

View Full Version : Calling Jack Brunk! Calling Jack Brunk!

petitelilpettit
11-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, Jack. You got your wish. I was riding with my buddy Matt yesterday, when we came to our final stretch of the ride. Our last right-hand turn, about a quarter mile from the shop, and I hear Matt yell, and I turn around to see him sliding on the ground. Apparently, he lost it on wet pavement and his wheels came out from underneath him. He had some good road rash, but the real dagger was that his pristine 9-speed Dura Ace components were really messed up. Just to let you other people know, I was buying his components for my new Serotta Coeur d'Acier.

So here I am in our Saturday meeting, thinking about what I am going to do for parts, considering that I just got the frame on Thursday. All of a sudden, our logistics manager mentions that he wants our shop to be the local Campy shop. He said that the first thing is to get the employees on Campy. Basically, he turned to me and said that the shop will work out a payment plan to put me on 2007 Chorus! I went from depressed about the DA parts, to ecstatic about being on Campy.

So there you have it. My new Serotta Coeur d'Acier will be built with 2007 Chorus, Record hubs to Velocity Fusions, Veloflex clinchers, and Ritchey WCS bar, stem, and seatpost. Basically, I am hoping to have all of these parts in the next couple of weeks, so I can ride my Serotta, which unfortunately is sitting in the frame box in my closet at the moment :( Just thought I'd let you know, after the conversation we had when you came into the shop.

Pettit

Jack Brunk
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
James,

There are some things in life you can't control an things happen for a reason. Don't question it, just be thankful that you will be riding Campy. Remember what I told you in the shop last Saturaday about Campy and Serotta. Good luck on the CDA.

Jack

SoCalSteve
11-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Which shop?

Thanks,

Steve (always looking for a good bike store in Los Angeles)

swoop
11-06-2006, 12:36 AM
senor brunk calls star strip gentlemans club 'the shop'.

Blastinbob
11-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Which shop?

Thanks,

Steve (always looking for a good bike store in Los Angeles)
Kings in Seal Beach